PDA

View Full Version : Bird

hoggy952
26th January, 2014, 01:47 PM
Had bird problem the other day ..when my cat alfie brought a bird home in its mouth ..
The poor little sod was flapping it's wings and making a terrible noise ...
Grabbed a bucket of water and threw it over Alfie...who dropped the bird from her mouth..and ran off.
I feared the worse ...but picked up the terrified bird and examined it as best I could..
wings appeared ok ...neck not broken...and no blood in evidence.
So held it for a while till it went calm ...then went for a walk about 100 yds away from the house an popped the bird on a wall and watched it for a while.
Still bright eyed ...and able to stand upright...then it hopped off the wall into some bushes.
No idea if it survived as I couldn't follow it...
At least it had a chance...fingers crossed it was merely stunned and scared shitless.
Cats will be cats..but I felt sick watching it thrash about in alfie jaws.

super jumbe
26th January, 2014, 02:52 PM
As it was your cat you did the right thing, otherwise you should have contacted RSPCA to take good care!!

jaws2
27th January, 2014, 08:59 PM
i have a freind who got a cat and it would bring mice in (dead) now (gizmo) started bringing leafs in for her now, lot on Goooogle about it

Meat-Head
27th January, 2014, 10:37 PM
(IShit) BBC News - Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull (http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25905108) (/iShit)

ACDC
28th January, 2014, 02:15 PM
Well cats ARE predators....and they have an independent nature, so not much to do about it...if they want to hunt birds they will.