PDA

View Full Version : how to read HC12 with xprog off the board

bearheroes
26th January, 2014, 03:20 PM
Hi
Has anyone tried to read HC12 MCUs on an adapter,desolder from pcb?
If yes what is needed?
I mean crystal,resistors etc...
Thank you.

rachmach
31st January, 2014, 07:20 PM
i have read hc12 with connection no on adapter .

bearheroes
31st January, 2014, 08:33 PM
I'like to know how can i do it if i desolder it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann
1st February, 2014, 02:20 AM
If the chip is not secured the basic connections are the same as known e.g. BKGD, reset, Vdd and Vss. But need more on...

- connect the proper X-tal to EXTAL and XTAL pins (Pierce configuration) with about 10 MOhm resistor in parallel.

- there are three oscillation modes, Pierce, Colpitts and internal that controlled by pin XCLKS. For Pierce put the pin to GND, consult the data sheet.

- most of the chips have multiple set of Vdd, Vss pins they are mostly not internally connected you may need to do them all by wires

- one of some difference on HC912 and 9S12 is pin VREGEN, for 9S12 the pin will need to pull up (Vdd), consult the data sheet

that all should make the chip be read/write off circuit.

bearheroes
1st February, 2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks for your reply.
if it is secured?

Zmann
1st February, 2014, 02:22 PM
If secured

UPA
-HC912: only on UPA special board, details on the content (manual)
-9S12: does not support at all

Xprog-m
-support listed both HC912 and 9S12, details on the manual or in the SW, can be in circuit.

I don't have R260/270 only know that they support a lot of them in secured mode, and some other progs also do the job.

bearheroes
1st February, 2014, 03:40 PM
Secured HC(S)12 family with xprog out of board i mean.

Zmann
1st February, 2014, 04:08 PM
So, presume you are ready with the connections as to my post #4 but without the X-tal + 10Mohm (XCLKS pin to GND still need if the pin itself not to connect to XCLKS on Xprog). You will also need Xprog adaptor #1-002-0017 on top of the programmer. Make a short (no longer than 15 CM) twisted cable of GND, and EXTAL pin from Xprog to EXTAL on the MCU (XTAL pin left open), consult the diagram on the SW. This is the only extras to the unsecured chip connection.

bearheroes
1st February, 2014, 04:57 PM
Thank you very much.Your info is very useful.

912secured
5th March, 2014, 07:24 PM
I personally have extra chip on boards to try to make shure they read and write with xprog clone. Have 2 bought for just the boards my friend mest up only need to connect pins that are need soldered. look at the lines. Keep a x05 32 from saab on one to check reading and writing before using good one(they have to be removed) it needs a 15 volts 1.5amp. I test read write before going on.

MOBILTRONIC
7th March, 2014, 09:32 PM
Hello DK m8s.Please,explore my posts and find this info about this adapter for X prog-M. It is in fact copy of ETL 9s12 adapter and need some modifications (you see picture) but it is very functional with X prog-M,Carprog,R270 and etc....Regards to all.

bearheroes
7th March, 2014, 10:32 PM
please post link