PDA

View Full Version : ford fiesta 1400 tdci start problem after engine change!

d.zio
26th January, 2014, 07:53 PM
hello to all mates
i have a ford fiesta in my garage 1400 tdci 2006 model f6jb engine.
the problem is that the car doesnt start...the problem started when the car went to a technician with a strange noise to the engine...he told him(to the client)that was the rod of one cylinder so they decided to change the engine to the car with a second one.
after the change of the engine the car didnt start again.so they brought it to me
the car cranks but not start..to diagnosis the only fault code at first was p0341 camshaft sensor after a lot of cranki9ng....
and then p0191 frp sensor
after a lot of search to the car i have changed cam senssor,crank sensor,frp sensor,gear of the camshaft,magnetic ring of crankshaft,i have double checked the whole wiring doubt that was broken or cut somewhere but the wiring is good,i have checked the powers and the grounds to the ecu..
what else can i check

thanks for any opinion

Mrubbert
26th January, 2014, 09:18 PM
Try start gas, if it fire up, then you have fuel delivery problem.

d.zio
26th January, 2014, 09:55 PM
with gas starts and works not properly but only as many time you spray gas in it

gttuning
26th January, 2014, 10:14 PM
try to change fuel filter ,use ford fuel filter and tow it them ford some times hard to start after fuel filter replacement.

d.zio
26th January, 2014, 10:52 PM
other opinions please?to live data as i measured i havent got good pressure to rail system 2mpa-10mpa when crank......

Mrubbert
26th January, 2014, 11:06 PM
Check pree pump pressure if you have one,
Or just install other temporary in engine area.
In the end the pump sucks.
convert mpa to Bar, if you like to.
Thanks.

racin-snake
27th January, 2014, 12:55 AM
have they used a peugeot engine to put into the fiesta ? if so it wont start as they are different ask them where engine came from as if its peugeot thats the fix HTH

il give you a clue .... the crank sensor code is what will explain the difference :smile::smile:

also check the injector leak off and coding also fuel pressure when cranking

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 07:29 AM
the engine is exactly the same..same engine code from ford fiesta

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 08:02 AM
how can i identify if the engine is from peugeot?what is the difference

genius76
27th January, 2014, 09:31 AM
Are u checked timing marks at all? Cranking cuts off after 2-3 sec. or u can cranking untill bateri dads? What presure when cranking in bars ups fitst and drops after sec.?

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 09:36 AM
it has one senond hand pump when work with this pump and then crank the pressure reach 45-50 MPA anf then after a lot of cranking drops to 10MPA

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 09:37 AM
it has one senond hand pump when work with this pump and then crank the pressure reach 45-50 MPA anf then after a lot of cranking drops to 10MPA
the timing marks are double checked

genius76
27th January, 2014, 09:47 AM
450 500 bar on cranking? U jauking? If by yours first post 20 100 nar
Get of reguletor from botom pump put on desc spray with carb cleanber drop him sevireal Times to wal and put back see what goink

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 10:10 AM
sorry for my mistake.....to first post the pressure to live data with autocom diagnosis was 2-10 MPa............now after a lot of working the hand pump the pressure starts 1MPa before crank ,with ignition on and after cranking reach 45 MPa

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 10:14 AM
and i missed one thing....i have no pulse to the injectors when crank

racin-snake
27th January, 2014, 01:19 PM
if fuel pressure is too low the injectors will not pulse min fuel pressure not met injectors wont fire as it depletes pressure in fuel rail

try looking in live data see what fuel pressure you have cranking and KOEO

IF YOU CAN BLANK OFF ONE INJECTOR AT A TIME SEE WHAT PRESURE YOU GET IN LIVE DATA

may be a good idea to download some literature on how common rail systems work help you understand what system functions and defaults at the very least HTH

Meat-Head
27th January, 2014, 03:13 PM
can you toe it doen the road, agree with the snake, could be air lock - rumor or regulator

theers some wicked videos on you tuba cdhtraining, or adptraining something like

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 04:38 PM
so i havent got enough pressure to rail so to have pulse to the injectors......what is the correct pressure so to have pulse?and why i have the fault code of cam sensor after a lot crank?

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 07:53 PM
any other help please?

genius76
27th January, 2014, 08:08 PM
I posted that get out regulator from pump clean him shmash him
Lift car on back engine u vill found pump regulator in botom screw of hit him and spray hit and spray
Put back

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 08:31 PM
regulator is the big one or this like solenoid?if is the big one i change him with other

genius76
27th January, 2014, 08:47 PM
Bottom of the pump not remember now 32 or some spaner
not remember hu is bige my d.... Or refrizerator :)

d.zio
27th January, 2014, 08:50 PM
this big 32 d.... i changed mate but nothing happened

genius76
27th January, 2014, 09:27 PM
Ok I tel you to clean noy asc about cjeinjr
diskonect from him conector what presure u get? gap on crank sensor corect? What rpm u see when cranking
If bad crank Sen. Starter will cuts off after 2,3 sec maybe earle
Can you pump prime pum untill somebody carank engine
Not get answer about timing marks?

tecnoracing
27th January, 2014, 09:59 PM
controlla l'egr prova a staccare

Ashraf6119
28th January, 2014, 11:07 PM
After you cleared the fault codes are you still getting crank and cam shaft sensor fault codes..........

Also the engine replaced was it from Automatic Transmission or Manual...........?

Also What is your Vehicle Transmission Auto or Manual..............?

Reason I am asking is because the Crank Shaft Sensor position is different between Auto and manual gearbox...........But, if your model crank shaft sensor is on crankshaft pulley then it will not effect this

See the attached picture...........

d.zio
29th January, 2014, 09:24 PM
the car is manual.......after i clear the codes i have to crank about 30 seconds constantly to appear again the code of camshaft sensor......and the crank sensor is not like the picture....is at the side of the crankshaft pulley not on the gearbox...

alessioblaupunkt
30th January, 2014, 12:00 PM
Umm.
I think it's normal that you get sensor fault codes, because 30 second indicates an hard start.

Plus I agree with genius76, please tell us about the timing marks, or post a picture of those marks.
Please align them first.
Schematich could help, so take a look. Don't know if this F6JB is EU3 or EU4 so choose the right one.

Please I need these replies:

1)Crank and watch the dash: do you have at least 200 or 300 rpm during crank?
2)Hey what's your ambient temperature? Above or below 5 Celsius degrees?
3) Give me the exact fault code NUMBER, because I don't want to spend my life searching the whole table (silly >9999 codes to look)

In the meantime enjoy your Ferrero http://www.automavending.it/images/Fiesta.jpg http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif, maybe with a cup of tea.:tee:

i_shot_the_sheriff
30th December, 2021, 09:52 AM
Hey man , did you manage to fix this issue ?

Believe it or no i have a car with exactly exactly the same symptoms . Same problem after enginer swap ,

Changed cam and crank sensors , ecu , fpr sensor ,,, still same ... crank but no start

Meat-Head
30th December, 2021, 04:58 PM
Crank pulley?

Stelaras26
5th January, 2022, 07:47 AM
Most of these fiesta diesels have issues delivering fuel to injectors.
So if you spreyed the intake and car starts then this is when you start searching why.
what Fault codes?
Changed injectors?
Relearned pump?
wiring ok?
Mayeb it has air in the fuel system.
(i think some cars have under them a small manual hand pressing pump like the small boats,that makes the fuel go into the high pressure pump)check it

i_shot_the_sheriff
5th January, 2022, 09:03 AM
Well there is no injector pulse if the sync of cam and crank is not ok.......

And i've just noticed that mine says SYNC NO :O ............... So i guess Meat-Head is kinda right (since the actual timing on the belt is ok) .... there is something going on either with the pulley or the camshaft itself

Meat-Head
8th January, 2022, 01:16 AM
PISH LINK: https://garagewire.co.uk/news/company/febi/magnet-wheel-for-crankshaft-sensitive-to-cleaning-or-mishandling-febi-warns/

badsards blocked me from their forum

Lurchio
13th March, 2024, 12:57 PM
Did anyone get to the bottom of the this problem?? just replaced a engine on a fiesta 1.4tdci and getting the exact same issue

neilp1990
14th March, 2024, 12:54 AM
I have experienced similar issues, if you look at the injectors the loom running to them and your frp sensor, goes to a big plug on top right of engine, the loom going to that plug is common for going and isn't always visible, it can also throw numerous codes from what I have experienced.

huwalsh
16th March, 2024, 01:08 PM
Think you would really need to scope cam / crank , Is crank reading off flywheel or is it magnetic ring like 1.6--> this does fail
Is flywheel pattern different ?
If you dont have cam/crank sync then you need not worry about fuel pressure