PDA

View Full Version : Commando Dm500c

max2741
27th January, 2014, 03:35 PM
Is commando compatible with the dm500c? flashed ok but cant pick up any transponders, can access menus etc but the main boot up screen is stuck on loading, I used to use this box on cable years ago.

super jumbe
28th January, 2014, 04:30 PM
Yes would work, free channels if thats what you are asking for!!

cookie12
28th January, 2014, 06:43 PM
Is commando compatible with the dm500c? flashed ok but cant pick up any transponders, can access menus etc but the main boot up screen is stuck on loading, I used to use this box on cable years ago.

no m8 its a cable box

SatSearching
30th January, 2014, 09:24 PM
Yes it is compatable.

SS

bob114
2nd February, 2014, 12:33 PM
hi

commando images 14.5 upwards will scan on cable

to used the commando 14.7 on cable I just Ftp'ed a cable xml's and a scan config files to image
cables go in Var/etc scan config goes in var/tuxbox/config

hope this may help
bob

loncell
6th February, 2014, 07:34 AM
is commando compatible with mgcamd ?

PaphosAL
6th February, 2014, 07:41 PM
is commando compatible with mgcamd ?

It has been since time immemorial. Most peeps forget vital stuff in their mg_cfg file when transporting their personal testing kit from one one platform to another...

# box type
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 06 dreamboxHD/TM800HD/mips
B: { 0x }

Easy one to forget about, but it will totally foobar mgcamd if you've set it to find the wrong platform!

And the other problem with mgcamd is that 99.9% of peeps converting to C15.0 neutrino DM500 do NOT even bother to read the helpfiles that we've so lovingly put together for you! Imagine how long it took us to write this lot, ffs...

The Hints 'n Tips helpfile, for example, has told everyone for over a year now that a fundamental add-on to get mgcamd working in C14.7 (and C15.0) is to ADD the libcrypto file that comes loose with the image package to /var/lib (no chmod needed). Without that libfile, mgcamd is a non-runner at boot...

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
6th February, 2014, 07:47 PM
Just to correct any misunderstandings from Bob's very helpful post above, it's scan.conf and NOT scan.config

Pay attention, Bob! ;)