PDA

View Full Version : 04 ACCORD 4DR SRS CHIP # 77960 SDA C114

fmartin144
28th January, 2014, 10:58 PM
srs unit shows no present codes, I still do erase codes routine on scanner and srs light goes out.
I turn the key off and when i turn it back on the light comes on again i check for codes but no codes.
Any help on what could be the problem, srs light on but no codes. thanks

forscheezee
29th January, 2014, 01:29 AM
I have seen this only once before. It was on a 2008 Sonata though. Which scan tool are you using?

My problem was that the module had crash data in it but want throwing a code. Once I loaded the dump into the computer I saw the crash data.

fmartin144
29th January, 2014, 02:08 AM
Hi and thanks for the reply I am using a snap on solus pro and if I disconnect a seat belt it will
show on the codes menu and when I erase the codes the light goes out but when I restart the car
it comes back on, now with the light on I check for codes and no codes detected but the light is on.
any Ideas

FxShaw
29th January, 2014, 04:00 AM
This happen to me yesterday, it was on a nissan rogue..I been trying different clear files on it untill I tried one clear and the light was on and there was no code at all. I end up fixing it by getting a good dump.

flip
29th January, 2014, 04:54 AM
Hi fmartin144, Many scan tools can not access memory for fault codes for crash data. If you are lucky with what scan tool you use and depending on what vehicle you are working on it is possible to go through the live data and you will see if the module has been deployed/locked/requires replacing. This info is normally at the end of the data list.
Result is a clean dump/repair required.

fmartin144
31st January, 2014, 08:34 PM
Ok so just needed a clean dump file and it worked fine. Thanks a lot for the help