PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new image

fb1907
30th January, 2014, 02:21 PM
Hi guys i don't know if this is the right place to write this at but,

i have a clone DM800 HD PVR and i want to update the image and software however i don't know which one will work or if it will mess up my box.

i have tried to figure out the sim version it uses by using telnet the out put is dreambox-secondstage - 76-r1 and also when i boot the box i get a message on the little screen saying boot #84

can some one please help me figure this out thank you.

andy91
30th January, 2014, 05:18 PM
Most sim2 boxes have a sticker underneath the box and when you boot the box it will either say sim2 or Ferrari depending on what sim it is.
More than likely if its a new box its sim2.

Andy.

fb1907
30th January, 2014, 06:20 PM
i have checked both on top and under my box there seems to be no sticker on it other than a serial and mac number on the bottom. i have checked the little screen when it boots up the only thing that comes up is boot #84 like i stated and dchp with paths. i just want a new uptodate image with uptodate software on it i just dont want to end up bricking my device.

digicon
30th January, 2014, 08:38 PM
If you dont see either the Ferrari Logo or Sim2 on bootup then its either an original or an A8P sim version, How long have you actually had the receiver for

fb1907
30th January, 2014, 09:40 PM
probably around 2 or 3 years now i mean i doubt its original.

digicon
30th January, 2014, 10:04 PM
Then its more than likely a Sim2

does your screen give you this image when it boots: 242988

fb1907
30th January, 2014, 10:09 PM
can i flash my box via the browser method and will it matter if i have 84a 84b and so on bootloader or do i need to look out for anything im just concerned about bricking my device or doing something wrong

digicon
30th January, 2014, 10:12 PM
you would normally flash the bootloader first of the image your going to flash just in case the image your flashing does not have the bootloader included.

Open browser flash new bootloader example: 84d do not reboot box open second browser flash new image example : openpli 4.0 84d then reboot receiver as normal when prompted too

fb1907
30th January, 2014, 10:31 PM
sorry i forgot to state i do not get any screen like that i only get dream multi media with boot #84 then it shows dchp with paths and that all it exactly like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NwZccn5OpQ

also lastly when i find a image with the bootloader included do just go on to my browser and click on firmware upgrade insert the nfi file and thats it ?

andy91
30th January, 2014, 11:56 PM
On some images the bootloader is built in and with others you have to flash a separate bootloader exactly the same way before the main image, both are nfi images.

Andy

digicon
31st January, 2014, 01:32 AM
sorry i forgot to state i do not get any screen like that i only get dream multi media with boot #84 then it shows dchp with paths and that all it exactly like this

DM800 HD - Booting - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NwZccn5OpQ)

also lastly when i find a image with the bootloader included do just go on to my browser and click on firmware upgrade insert the nfi file and thats it ?

With a bootloader of #84 its more than likely a Sim2 as ferrari where notoriously bad at updating there bootloaders to allow newer images to be installed