PDA

View Full Version : disabled parking - general parking glasgow hydro

Lainie
2nd February, 2014, 10:42 PM
just wanted to see if others have been experiencing the problems i have been having with glasgow disabled parking especially at events like concerts, pantomimes etc.

the new hydro looks fab - on that there is no doubt. however thats the good news. as for seating and the terrific view and sound well thats over exaggerated. theres a new multi storey car park that they say is adjacent to the hydro which is ?7 to park in every time you want to go to an event. there is NO other car parking - disabled or otherwise in the area. however whoever designed the hydro and carpark gave absolutely no consideration to those with mobility issues. they seem to think all disabled people are in wheelchairs so its not a problem if the carpark is a bit away.

i was at the simple minds concert in october and had tickets in the disabled section. it wasnt the first time i had been at the hydro so went early. we had booked tickets at the last minute. once inside the guy said "oh you have to collect your tickets from the SECC box office now not the hydro box office. again this is a walk practically round the perimeter of the hydro to get there. to make it worse tickets were booked with my credit card not my other halfs. eventually they agreed to let him go and pick them up. 20 mins he was away so god knows how long i would have taken. by this time my back was in agony. no seat offered etc. showed the guy our tickets and he said doors were over to the left hand side. on and on and on we walked. eventually got round and unbelievable the entrance to the disabled seating section was at the furthest away point from the entrance to the hydro!! beyond belief. by this time the support who i wanted to see (ultravox) were half way through their set!!

we had the same problem at the panto in the amadillo and the carnvial in the secc over the christmas period.

there is car parking facilities outside the amadillo but wait for it - ITS FOR VIP TICKET HOLDERS!!! and the secc confirmed that!!!

Meat-Head
3rd February, 2014, 03:29 PM
there is car parking facilities outside the amadillo but wait for it - ITS FOR VIP TICKET HOLDERS!!! and the secc confirmed that!!!

Park there with a link to your DK profile.

Not sure excat details, but in short somehwre a building was bulit, the door handles (?) confirmed to HAS but not disablility act laws??? so might be something uou can look into

johnboy1974
4th February, 2014, 07:56 AM
Lainie you should contact the daily record and the evening times with this. Also get in touch with the disabled action groups. An absolute disgrace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD