PDA

View Full Version : should I excahnge starview for Kryptview a750 in irl

ajs2
2nd June, 2009, 01:04 PM
I have the opportunity to exchange the (now not working starview in ireland) for the Kryptview a750 for 30 pounds. Is this worth it or will the Kryptview a750 lose channels in ireland soon too??

mtv1
2nd June, 2009, 01:25 PM
more than likely m8 kryptview can handle nag2 but not nag3 which is on the way

ajs2
2nd June, 2009, 07:40 PM
what do you mean?

mtv1
2nd June, 2009, 07:46 PM
i mean do not waste your money Ireland company upc have invested millions on new encryption system it is being rolled out as we speak sorry mate

wilf
2nd June, 2009, 09:21 PM
you could look at it another way, at the moment your starview is useless and worthless in ireland, sold on ebay here in uk could fetch 40/50quid max so for less than a months sky sub you could have your channels back if you get more than a month its a steal. i would be tempted to go for it.

gazza2008
2nd June, 2009, 09:25 PM
I have the opportunity to exchange the (now not working starview in ireland) for the Kryptview a750 for 30 pounds. Is this worth it or will the Kryptview a750 lose channels in ireland soon too??

defo m8 go for it

let us know how u get on........U can tell us who is doing that and if they are good or not...

glic83
2nd June, 2009, 09:33 PM
for 30 quid and if it will keep you going for even a short while how bad? for the price of a basic sub thats ok if you ask me

boomer39
2nd June, 2009, 10:35 PM
either move to england or watch tv on your pc....or pay for the rubbish.....ynwa...

mtv1
2nd June, 2009, 10:39 PM
you could look at it another way, at the moment your starview is useless and worthless in ireland, sold on ebay here in uk could fetch 40/50quid max so for less than a months sky sub you could have your channels back if you get more than a month its a steal. i would be tempted to go for it.

true m8 i hope we will get another month but rumours are 5th june i dont know how true it is

glic83
2nd June, 2009, 10:43 PM
true m8 i hope we will get another month but rumours are 5th june i dont know how true it is

for what?a total changeover they havent even started giving out new cards on chor*s yet have they?

satsmo
2nd June, 2009, 10:43 PM
Very unlikely to happen in three days :)

mtv1
2nd June, 2009, 10:48 PM
Very unlikely to happen in three days :)

cheers i know chorus mmds and mmds cable areas are going to b ok until december or so but ntl areas are far more advanced , and i know 3 days sounds close but i dont know

satsmo
2nd June, 2009, 10:59 PM
Considering there are still a good chunk of channels still on 1800 and it has taken this long to get certain tiers across to N2/N3.

However there is a lot more work to be done to tie in a full changeover of encryption. Change however is going to happen as said but just not that quick. Although they are not far off just a basic package now in exNTL areas of Ireland on most modded boxes as of now. With the exception of both the Kryptview and Itgate boxes of course.

ajs2
2nd June, 2009, 11:06 PM
How long do you think the kryptview has in Ireland satsmo?

satsmo
2nd June, 2009, 11:17 PM
No one knows for sure but according to their own press release the third quarter of this year is their prediction. But thats according to the provider.

The fractured nature of cable distribution in Ireland is not helping them as you can see. Unfortunately as you can see those in exNTL cable areas are going first.

The deal you are been given looks like a good one given what is clearing on a Starview in Ireland. But like anything in this hobby its also a gamble.

eyeballs
3rd June, 2009, 10:10 AM
If it was me I'd take the offer. I have a sv1 and sv4 and even the sv1 is losing channels every couple of days. If you get to christmas out of it how bad, if you only get a couple of weeks you've not really lost any money (price of movies and sports - price for the box). My boxes are going in the attic soon hopefully some time in the future this n3 will be cracked and I'll be able to take them out again. Was good while it lasted

cactikid
3rd June, 2009, 10:29 PM
down to 62 working channels now out of 145 lol ,i believe problems with some boxes on n3 might hold them up.