PDA

View Full Version : passat b6 steering lock help

ninja123
5th February, 2014, 06:45 PM
I have a passat B6, nothing happens when put key in, put new steering lock and now ignition comes on when put key in.

I read comfort module for pincode but I cant adapt new lock, get error when trying to enter pincode (code 22 seed request etc etc).

If I put old lock i get no comms with comfort (46), comms ok with new lock fitted.

I tried operating micro switch manually with old lock and ign comes on but still no start - blocked by immo.

Also, Before I start, I had 2 keys in memory, now keys= zero.

Anyone have any info for this?

I took comfort to check eeprom soldering but its ok :(

ninja

gttuning
5th February, 2014, 07:37 PM
how did you do adaptation to new lock?

ninja123
5th February, 2014, 08:18 PM
I didnt, I cant get it to accept login :(

ninja

garagetech
5th February, 2014, 08:40 PM
Use vcds to adapt, avdi is buggy in this sense , and once you've got pin from ecu with avdi follow this procedure:

Make sure a battery charger is connected so the voltage is maintained.

[25-Immobilizer]
[Adaption - 10]
Leave channel at "00"
[Read]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]

[Security Access-16]
Enter the vehicle PIN in a 5 digit format.
[Do it!]
[Adaption - 10]
Read Channel 051.
The Stored Value will be 32000. Enter the PIN in the New Value box.
[Test]
Wait | N/A | N/A | N/A Will be displayed. Wait until the ID numbers
are transferred into the first 2 boxes. If you aren't sure, be patient
and wait at least 30 seconds!
[Save] (Note: if Save is not available and the data in the last step has
transferred continue by exiting)
[Done, Go Back]

I would not try that with the bad ESCL installed, and you may need to:

- Hold the flash to pass high beam stalk back
- Turn on the 4 way flashers
- And/or hold your foot on the brake

this for all of the PT databus modules to communicate.

Please press thanks if this was/is helpfull

Cheers ninja123

ninja123
5th February, 2014, 10:32 PM
I have this procedure, but car dont accept pin code, tried 10+ times but car will not have it, used vcds, avdi etc, still same.

Wished i never took this job on now :(

says something like 'seed not available' or similar.

ninja

garagetech
5th February, 2014, 10:43 PM
I have this procedure, but car dont accept pin code, tried 10+ times but car will not have it, used vcds, avdi etc, still same.

Wished i never took this job on now :(

says something like 'seed not available' or similar.

ninja

Looks like a comfort module fault , can you not transfer data from old esl to new?

gttuning
6th February, 2014, 12:13 AM
there is a chip very handy to solder in to new one and job should be done ,but ninja said there is no key coded to car so this will not work.
but i would try to read ecu pin code with avdi,to make sure you have the right pin from comfort mod,if pin from ecu will be same ,then something not right.
funny i had a call about passat ,customer said put key and nothing happens.will think twice befor i call him back:):)

garagetech
6th February, 2014, 12:16 AM
Not always the case if you disconnect and reconnect battery after short while should do trick

gttuning
6th February, 2014, 12:23 AM
may be i never tested.but done one last week and had no problem.
Ninja if you have bit time on this job try to plug the old lock and see if she will restore keys,would be good to know.

ninja123
6th February, 2014, 08:31 AM
plug old lock back but get no comms with comfort and no ignition unless i press micro switch by hand, and still non starter, so i think fault is in processor.

but no idea where keys have gone, there were 2 keys in memory now there is none?

ninja

gttuning
6th February, 2014, 09:43 AM
what ecu have you in it i had siemens no problem to read,maybe you hava some can network ,comfort module, problem in this car.

gttuning
6th February, 2014, 10:37 AM
ninja check manual for comfort module adaptation with avidi,page 69
if you read comfort module eep. keys will be lost and have to be learned back to car again,thats how i understand this.
maybe thats why your keys or gone!

ninja123
7th February, 2014, 09:08 AM
i removed eeprom from comfort module to read for pincode, defo no keys erased during this process, ecu is ppd but cant read it via obd, its locked out, tried several times.

getting another comfort module today to try, but cant understand how comfort and lock can fail at same time??

ninja

garagetech
7th February, 2014, 09:16 AM
Thats the the way to go about it dont give up ninja you'll get there

gttuning
7th February, 2014, 09:45 AM
similar problem one of my friend has when put key into slot no ignition on,what i done i open the lock and put this bit off plastic on one off the micro switch,and now ignition comes on/off any time i put key in,we manage to start the car few times but it fail again,but ignition comes on every time put key in.so he is getting a new lock its only 60euro new.
--other thing he had a other passat same. he swap comfort module and the one from broken car worked ok in the other good car(but not start because of keys,but ignition was coming on/off

keys or in comfort module ,so you have to learn them with new comfort mod.but once you plug in new module ignition should work.

yugo45
7th February, 2014, 10:18 AM
If you save original eeprom form Comfort Module , then you should be OK, just write it back to CCM and keys will be return.
Also your problem maybe lock time in Immobilizer.Check MBV 003

ninja123
7th February, 2014, 11:47 PM
no locks set, Any one have a matching dump set for simos ppd and comfort module??

ninja

gttuning
8th February, 2014, 11:48 PM
i wounder if 2010 passat 1.6 pcr2.1 will be the same procedure for coding the steering lock as passat 2006-2007?
ninja did you got to the bottom of it yet?

ninja123
9th February, 2014, 07:53 AM
no mate, I now need a matching dump set from a 2.0 tdi simos ppd :(

ninja

yugo45
9th February, 2014, 09:01 AM
I would try this.
Write original dump back to CCM.
Bay pass ignition power at fuses ( look at wiring diagram what fuse feed cluster terminal15 )
Put battery charger and leave it for 1 hr with ignition on, after that try to adopt steering module.

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 10:42 AM
so what went wrong that you need matching dump?is that because of you read ccm for pin?
im working on 2010 1.6pcr2.1 only way to get pin out is ccm, i read 95320 and avdi give me pin ,but dont know yet if good,them passat not easy to work on,
any one knows if same procedure to code steering lock as 2006 model?

haroutioun
9th February, 2014, 12:05 PM
so what went wrong that you need matching dump?is that because of you read ccm for pin?
im working on 2010 1.6pcr2.1 only way to get pin out is ccm, i read 95320 and avdi give me pin ,but dont know yet if good,them passat not easy to work on,
any one knows if same procedure to code steering lock as 2006 model?
Hello.
1) yes about Generation 4D Comfort Control Module (J393) it have the same procedure and can accept to adapt the steering lock lick 2006.
2) disconnect the vehicle battery for 10 or more minutes and after reconnect,after use your charge tool,so you need to wake the CAN Bus, try with the 4-way flashers turned on,and the high beam held back in the flash to pass position,u can use brake pedal to, + must all doors unlock.don't stop this all options till finish the procedure.

Meat-Head
9th February, 2014, 01:19 PM
Ninja. Stalk Z786. He joins think red/black to thick red/black. (Maybee thats red/yellow). But thick and thin of same color

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 02:02 PM
Hello.
1) yes about Generation 4D Comfort Control Module (J393) it have the same procedure and can accept to adapt the steering lock lick 2006.
2) disconnect the vehicle battery for 10 or more minutes and after reconnect,after use your charge tool,so you need to wake the CAN Bus, try with the 4-way flashers turned on,and the high beam held back in the flash to pass position,u can use brake pedal to, + must all doors unlock.don't stop this all options till finish the procedure.

i went to see if lock can be match but immo pin not accepted:( got it from ccm so must be not right. there is no lock time in mvb3,so is there any way to get pin from ecu pcr2.1
any procedure before typ in pin. in this 2010 passat
uploaded a ccm file can some one check if pin is ok, pin 49405
thanks

haroutioun
9th February, 2014, 02:28 PM
1) pin is right = (49405)

haroutioun
9th February, 2014, 03:00 PM
i went to see if lock can be match but immo pin not accepted:( got it from ccm so must be not right. there is no lock time in mvb3,so is there any way to get pin from ecu pcr2.1
any procedure before typ in pin. in this 2010 passat
uploaded a ccm file can some one check if pin is ok, pin 49405
thanks
1) can u give us your engine ecu number? or data label sticker photo? to be sure if your car can accept the old procedure. for example,if we need adapt ecu FOR GOLF6 so here not support the channel 50 adaptation,need to use avdi to adapt. this i mean maybe your car don't accept,and need online vas.

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 05:35 PM
i think it needs online like you said,never done 2010 passat.i try with avdi and it say immobilizer not ready.
can this be done if needs online coding,or only dealer job?
i will get ecu label monday.it would be nice to find out for future to take them jobs or stay away from it:)

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 05:38 PM
no locks set, Any one have a matching dump set for simos ppd and comfort module??

ninja
i have a friendly car dealer has a passat 2.0d simao i try to get it off him to read ecu and ccm.
i do my best,do you need one or you have found something?

haroutioun
9th February, 2014, 06:28 PM
i think it needs online like you said,never done 2010 passat.i try with avdi and it say immobilizer not ready.
can this be done if needs online coding,or only dealer job?
i will get ecu label monday.it would be nice to find out for future to take them jobs or stay away from it:)
1) no need dealer, i see your work,& you trying to solve,so don't stop try continue your job must come to our lick this work to learn,but now must Avery one if need work on lick this kind of cars must buy VAS online. so i am using vas online,and this vas online can help each one %75, so can done coding online.
2) but my friend u saying i try with avdi and it say immobilizer not ready,where you go and see this massage? give us little info....
PS: my best friends are in my job,they don't live me alone never,they are 3 tools VCDS-AVDI-VAS online.

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 08:35 PM
1) no need dealer, i see your work,& you trying to solve,so don't stop try continue your job must come to our lick this work to learn,but now must Avery one if need work on lick this kind of cars must buy VAS online. so i am using vas online,and this vas online can help each one %75, so can done coding online.
2) but my friend u saying i try with avdi and it say immobilizer not ready,where you go and see this massage? give us little info....
PS: my best friends are in my job,they don't live me alone never,they are 3 tools VCDS-AVDI-VAS online.

i go to immobilizer 25
-security access-16
then type pin and it say with avdi immo not ready and with vcds error 35 key invalid.
i dont have vas on line ,you think this can be done with vcds and avdi.
and i wonder why pin is rejected?
i done 2006 passat no problems but this one must be different setup.

chriskross
9th February, 2014, 08:44 PM
I think ccm dump is damaged

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 09:11 PM
I think ccm dump is damaged
how come its damage?

chriskross
9th February, 2014, 09:21 PM
There was often this problem that pin was rejected, key line was flagged.

The only one which i know who is able to repair it is mr. exe123

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 09:24 PM
so after reading epp.it gets damage?

chriskross
9th February, 2014, 09:33 PM
so after reading epp.it gets damage?

Was it working before reading? How you read it?

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 09:36 PM
well i dont know if befor i read would accept the pin.i took eep.out,put to x prog and read.

ninja123
9th February, 2014, 10:46 PM
I read with x prog many times and my friends tango make keys all ok, so x prog not damage dump, but i have same problem, If you have matching dumps from simos ppd i will make the test.

ninja

gttuning
9th February, 2014, 10:53 PM
I read with x prog many times and my friends tango make keys all ok, so x prog not damage dump, but i have same problem, If you have matching dumps from simos ppd i will make the test.

ninja
i call him tomorrow see if he still have the passat,if its there will take for a day and read ccm and ecu.
this passat i have will not take pin as well.i love to get to bottom of this to have quick solution for next time

gttuning
10th February, 2014, 12:08 AM
Can someone get CS and PIN for me,please
ccm passat b6

autofan1965
10th February, 2014, 12:38 AM
Login: 49405
VIN: WVWZZZ3CZAXXXXX48
Comp.: 71 3F B6 7E E2 7F 6C

ninja123
10th February, 2014, 08:29 AM
Login: 49405
VIN: WVWZZZ3CZAXXXXX48
Comp.: 71 3F B6 7E E2 7F 6C

What tool are you using to get this information?

ninja

ninja123
10th February, 2014, 08:31 AM
i call him tomorrow see if he still have the passat,if its there will take for a day and read ccm and ecu.
this passat i have will not take pin as well.i love to get to bottom of this to have quick solution for next time

Thanks mate, i am desperate for matching dump set.

ninja

haroutioun
10th February, 2014, 09:53 AM
ninja123. you can load ccm dump in (tango programmer) and after you can get CS: 7byts + PIN CODE

gttuning
11th February, 2014, 09:49 PM
well any update ninja.
i thing my passat coming in tomorrow.

ninja123
11th February, 2014, 10:14 PM
no, i need matching dump set to continue, but no one seems to have these files :(

Looks like looking for an ecu set, do i need any other modules apart from ecu, comfort, steering lock and key?

This passat is also have dsg transmission.

ninja

chriskross
12th February, 2014, 06:04 AM
I have a working set which ecu do you have?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

ninja123
12th February, 2014, 08:33 AM
siemens ppd 1.5

gttuning
21st February, 2014, 09:03 PM
I had one today 2008 edc16 no problems went all ok,i have this other one in garage 1,6 pcr2.1 ecu still will not accept login error (delay time not expired) mvb is showing 0,kepp car on ignition for 3hrs still same problem so im looking for ccm.

gttuning
24th February, 2014, 12:18 PM
ST 95320 CCM Passat CS please.

autofan1965
24th February, 2014, 01:38 PM
Login: 34517
VIN: WVWZZZ3CZ7Pxxxxxx
Comp.: 99 4B 64 B7 32 96 C9