PDA

View Full Version : Crest Super - the worst beer ever?

gmb45
2nd June, 2009, 07:33 PM
this will defo turn u into a jibbering wreck, a bit like zap lol

A few months ago, a few of my friends got me a bunch of ?strong? beers as a gag gift. This evening I finally decided that it was about time I started dipping into this stash. First up was Crest Super, with its lofty 10% alcohol content.

Brewed in Britain with apparently the ?best quality barley and finest German aroma hops?, this beer (technically a malt liquor) is not for the faint of heart. It packs a punch and is not very subtle on the taste and aroma. It pours well with a healthy head and nice golden colour - but one whiff and you know that Crest is all about the high alcohol content. So its quite skunky with a strong aftertaste, which gets worse as the the beer gets warmer. Chugging this beer may lead to some unintended consequences, but if you are drinking this shit, you might as well get it over with quick.

Bulld0g
2nd June, 2009, 07:37 PM
Had that m8. Now that is a strong yet minging beer. Tastes like a barley wine.

Mr Pumpy
2nd June, 2009, 09:47 PM
In my experience when the Alcohol volume gets above 6% the taste starts to go down hill.

Keep up the good work though gb, yer doing a grand job.

chroma
3rd June, 2009, 12:01 PM
I like to cut out the middleman entirely and stick to chugging down Methylated Spirits.

Failing that then its a cheeky little coctail of Tixilyx and nightnurse with a twist of lime.

FULL EYESIGHT REGAINED IN 3 DAYS OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I never really saw the point of drinking high alcohol gear, we do stuff round here called "Mansion House" its like Buckfast wine only its only ?1.50ish a bottle. You just know its made from quality ingredients.

This being said i do like the odd chug of Orkney Skullplitter, no idea of the ABV (cntent isnt a major selling point for me) however it gets you blootered, its like drinking malted marmite... initaly pretty sweet and fruity descending into bitter treacle pudding aftertaste.
easy to pound down when its really chilled, but flavours really kick in at around room temp.