PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Channel dead!

hornydevil
2nd June, 2009, 08:24 PM
Opened the Homebrew Channel last night and it asked me if I wanted to update it so I did........now it doesn't work! (I think it said it was v1.0.3) If I click on Homebrew Channel I just get the black screen now and everything locks up/freezes. My SD card was also corrupted in the process!

The Backup Launcher and USB Loader still work from the main screen - it's just Homebrew Channel that doesn't.

Is there an easy way to get it back? I don't want to reload the Twilight Hack if it means I lose the Backup Launcher and USB Loader. Also unsure of using Bannerbomb because of the same reason.

My Wii is running 3.2 and I have cios36 Rev10 installed.

Thanks in advance

methtical
3rd June, 2009, 10:49 AM
This also happened to me, I'm beginning to think I didn't go through the full upgrade process properly, be interested to know what the issue was.

I've tried formatting the sd and putting all apps back on but that didn't work either.

I'm thinking it's either corrupted the homebrew channel or knackered my sd card.

I'm gonna redo the homebrew channel later on today and see if that helps.

I'll post later if possible.

bones69
3rd June, 2009, 10:57 AM
same here any help would be great.
only got the homebrew working 2 weeks ago.
bones

methtical
3rd June, 2009, 11:21 AM
I've managed to get this problem sorted, all I had to do was install the twilight hack again (took a total of 2mins) have verified that I can now go into homebrew and can now see all my apps.

Looks like somewhere along the homebrew upgrade process it corrupted the channel?

Hope this info helps anyone who has similar probs!

hornydevil
3rd June, 2009, 12:20 PM
I've managed to get this problem sorted, all I had to do was install the twilight hack again (took a total of 2mins) have verified that I can now go into homebrew and can now see all my apps.

Looks like somewhere along the homebrew upgrade process it corrupted the channel?

Hope this info helps anyone who has similar probs!

Cheers for that - so did you load the game and do it that way again...? Problem being I don't have the original game disc anymore...!

Thanks