PDA

View Full Version : laky pro - loading kernel

farnsy
8th June, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hi guys i flashed one of my boxes last night via hyper terminal with aftermath's tut (cant get any ifa to work) all went well loaded image, set location, scanned, fxp'd bouquet's and service xml's. got all channels working stand by mode ok shut down and restart ok.turned the box off and on start up this morning it hangs on boot saying laky pro "loading kernel" on lcd and on tv screen, its a nokia 2xchipset with laky pro 1 installed like my other box

Any ideas guys Thanks Chris.

markymarc
8th June, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hi you need to flash again with the null cable, very simple to do, flashfxp will not work, there are plenty of tuts around so just have a little luck, if you get stuck just ask but there are loads of postings about this issue

techquest
8th June, 2008, 11:41 AM
Use a null modem cable & lan connection through your router, though you can use an xover cable directly from PC to box, using IFA to flash the image.

I have used various versions of IFA and the most important thing is you must make sure you get the turning off and on of the box in the correct step in the procedure. You will also need to be sure that your firewall allows the IFA connection to pass data, IFA seems to like the IP Addy 192.168.0.202 so suggest that you set that in the Network addy on the box and include it in your firewalls' allowed IP addy's. Also put your image in your root C: drive so its easy for you to point IFA to it.

Any problems let us know.

farnsy
11th June, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hi guys i have flashed image/images on several times now and got the box up and running with all channels viewable but after its turned off/shut down the loading kernel shows on the lcd and image sign comes up on tv, tried all images with ifa (even got a friend to do it also) with the same results could this be a hardware fault?

Thanks in advance Chris

plasterer
11th June, 2008, 03:37 PM
Attatch a null mowdem and post the
Bootlog it gives,Useing Boot Manager.....Paul