PDA

View Full Version : Scanning 28.2E

badboy123
3rd June, 2009, 09:10 PM
Im having a problem picking up all the channels when I do a scan on 28.2E...

I currently have a openmedia box (dreambox 500S clone) running the latest PLI image, hooked up to a S*y dish...

When I do a scan I get about 500 services out of a possible 1500...I uploaded the latest satellites.xml file and even a service file with all the channels on it but even then I can only view the channels I can pick up with a scan...The other channels say 'Service could not be found!'...This error includes freeview channels such as Sky News and Teachers TV...

The dish alignment is correct (I think) because I hooked up an old FTA Amstrad S*y box and I could view Sky News and Teachers TV without problems...
I also took the openmedia box to a friends house and tried the box on his S*y dish but had the same problem...

I was playing around today with the settings on the box and came across 'Satfind' in Menu>Setup>Service Searching>...

I selected Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E)...
On the first Transponder 10789/22000/V:

SNR=89%
AGC=96%
BER=0

As I move down the Transponder list to 11682/27500/V:

SNR=83%
AGC=90%
BER=0

After that on Transponder 11720/29500/H:

SNR=62%
AGC=83%
BER=8220

This stays pretty much the same all the way down to Transponder: 12691/27500/V

My questions is, is this normal on a fixed S*y dish or should the SNR and AGC reading be high and the BER as 0 all the way down the transponder list?

I am not sure what the problem is and hoping somebody can help...

Thanks.

Curious123
3rd June, 2009, 09:44 PM
You have posted this question in more than one section so not sure if you have already done this or not but are you sure you have the latest satellite.xml file. I have a 1m dish and I can recive a picture on a signal less than 70% so i am wondering if your transponder settings are correct.

badboy123
4th June, 2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply, I posted here because it was suggested on the other post to post here, anyway..

I think I have the latest satellite.xml as I got this of a website suggested in this forum, that generates the latest satellite files so I dont think thats the issue...Can you post your version just to be sure?

Could it be that the dish is too small for the tuner in the box?
Do these boxes have weak tuners?

MetalKettle
4th June, 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the reply, I posted here because it was suggested on the other post to post here, anyway..

I think I have the latest satellite.xml as I got this of a website suggested in this forum, that generates the latest satellite files so I dont think thats the issue...Can you post your version just to be sure?

Could it be that the dish is too small for the tuner in the box?
Do these boxes have weak tuners?

It should pick up everthing fine on 28.2E. Mine does :). Im using DK1.1 for both cable and sat and they work fine "out of the box".

DavyT1
8th June, 2009, 07:26 PM
Are you able to pick up s*y channels or any other pay-per-view channels with the dreambox 500S, Straight out of the box. The software is apparently loaded onto it already. When i scan i pick up all the channels but receive no picture on any ppv channels. Is there anything else i need to do

MetalKettle
8th June, 2009, 08:05 PM
Are you able to pick up s*y channels or any other pay-per-view channels with the dreambox 500S, Straight out of the box. The software is apparently loaded onto it already. When i scan i pick up all the channels but receive no picture on any ppv channels. Is there anything else i need to do

you won't be able to pickup any sky encryptedchannels by sat unless you venture into card sharing. we best bet is to google it mate. we can't talk about it no here.