PDA

View Full Version : IP settings

celticrobbo
8th June, 2008, 02:15 PM
Hello all,

Been given a dbox2 from a friend to take a look at as it keeps locking up.

I was going to stick a new image on it but tried to ftp into it but having no luck.

Tried crossover and also through my router.

I am able to change the IP/gateway etc on the box but it seems it doesnt take the setting properly as if i press to show active settings it still has its original IP, but exit that and go back to IP it is the one i set

Im new to these boxes as i generally use the eurovox ones, anyone offer any guidance as to where i might be going wrong?

Incidentaly, any easy way to tell if the box is 1x or 2x, if it helps at all it is a Sagem one.

Any help most appreciated.

aftermath
8th June, 2008, 02:19 PM
make sure ip is 1 above the one of you pc
example pc = 192.168.1.5
box = 192.168.1.6

celticrobbo
8th June, 2008, 02:22 PM
yeah i know about that, im really just querying the fact it doesnt appear to take the settings im changing which i think might be causing the issue.

I do see a guide for using a null modem cable so might give that a go

aftermath
8th June, 2008, 02:24 PM
Untick the dhcp box, then save settings after you change IP address and allow network.

celticrobbo
8th June, 2008, 02:26 PM
will take another look!

any advice on the whole 1x 2x thing for the box? i believe this refers to chips? any easy way to check without hunting for my screwdriver?

aftermath
8th June, 2008, 02:35 PM
Hello all,

Been given a dbox2 from a friend .

Incidentaly, any easy way to tell if the box is 1x or 2x, .

2x for a dbox2

johnlogie
8th June, 2008, 05:31 PM
Take the top off and look inside. I flashed a 1x box with a 2x image and it was a pain in the ass to fix. Dont take the chance.

Derekwd
8th June, 2008, 08:40 PM
It is possible to see with a torch through the slots in the top, get hold of pt1s help file if you can as it tells you everything you need in there.

Derek

plasterer
8th June, 2008, 08:55 PM
Download and run Flashcheck
It will tell you wot type your box is in no Time .....Paul

rashonly
8th June, 2008, 10:45 PM
Have not seen Flashcheck before, how does that work?