PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to protect eprom 95080 from writing?

brchip
14th February, 2014, 06:41 PM
Hello,

I have a ME7.9.9 ECU from Astra 2010 and I removed the immo from dump. It worked fine a few hours, then it coded (the client said he removed the immo box from car!) again and I confirmed that the eprom dump had been changed.

Is there a way to prevent writing so the ECU won't update this eprom or maybe a better immo off solution?

The ori and immo off dumps are attached.

cosmin12345
20th February, 2014, 09:06 PM
Hello,

I have a ME7.9.9 ECU from Astra 2010 and I removed the immo from dump. It worked fine a few hours, then it coded (the client said he removed the immo box from car!) again and I confirmed that the eprom dump had been changed.

Is there a way to prevent writing so the ECU won't update this eprom or maybe a better immo off solution?

Yes it is possible .You have to set 0x8C to status register and after that to pull down WP (write protect) to ground.

DOUGLASDL
21st February, 2014, 01:58 AM
raise pin 3 and puts it on pin 4

Mr BLACK
21st February, 2014, 07:32 AM
for wp see 95080 datasheet

metsat
23rd February, 2014, 12:40 AM
Hello,

hi,
I have that programmer, its fine for eeproms, you can lock and unlock.
MCUmall Electronics Inc. A low cost EPROM EEPROM Atmel PIC I2C SPI programmer online store (http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4312)