PDA

View Full Version : Ip hider- browse the internet anonymously.

johnboy1974
15th February, 2014, 11:37 AM
Tor ip hider.
Free in Cydia and lets you browse the net anonymously. Great if you download movies and tv with jailbreak apps like moviebox, muchmovies etc.
Go to cydia search and type in tor.
Its in the bigboss repo.
In your settings goto wifi and look for your current wifi network. At the right side there is a small blue i.
Press the i button and look to the bottom of the screen where it says http proxy. Press the auto button and in the box type in the following.
file:///etc/tor/proxy.pac
Now go back into settings and scroll down the screen and look for tor settings. It will be near the bottom.
Press tor settings and slide the slider switch to the on position. That's it done and you can now use the Internet anonymously.
To check its all working- go into your browser and goto this address.
www.check.torproject.org
This will confirm that your IP address has changed and that you are indeed anonymous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

skelfbsfb
15th March, 2014, 10:00 AM
Thanks for this but Im getting cannot find server.

johnboy1974
15th March, 2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks for this but Im getting cannot find server.

I've checked this just now and it's working fine in the uk.
Make sure you have enabled tor in your settings. If it is switched on then switch it off and on again, also make sure you type the proxy address precisely as I've put it down- all lower case letters.

skelfbsfb
15th March, 2014, 08:56 PM
Downloaded tor from cydia, went to my settings, wi-fi clicked on blue icon then scrolled down http proxy clicked auto put in file:///etc/tor/proxy.pac Scrolled down to tor and enabled. Tried turning this off and on a few times but still no joy.

Thanks for the info.

johnboy1974
15th March, 2014, 09:10 PM
Downloaded tor from cydia, went to my settings, wi-fi clicked on blue icon then scrolled down http proxy clicked auto put in file:///etc/tor/proxy.pac Scrolled down to tor and enabled. Tried turning this off and on a few times but still no joy.

Thanks for the info.

What country are you in mate, and what repo did you get tor from.

skelfbsfb
15th March, 2014, 09:15 PM
Stay in Glasgow got tor from big boss

fatbob46
15th March, 2014, 10:02 PM
I followed Johnboy's instructions on my ipad and tor installed fine, but I couldnt get the "check torproject" link to work either. so I googled "what is my IP? and that confirmed that Tor was working. Try checking your IP address with Tor on then off and you should see a difference.

johnboy1974
16th March, 2014, 07:00 AM
Checked this all again last night and everything working fine. Maybe some ISP's are blocking access to the checktor site. I'm using sky.
You could try accessing the checktor site via opera web browser.

skelfbsfb
16th March, 2014, 01:26 PM
Johnboy Im with sky as well. Your instructions are working I followed what fatbob said and it all appears to be working. Thanks for this.