PDA

View Full Version : USB memory stick

DMF1969
15th February, 2014, 03:59 PM
Hi all,fist of all im a complete newbie to this site and to the world of Skybox.

I presume this has been asked many many times but here goes,what size USB memory stick should i use to record from the F5S ?,if anyone could tell me a rough idea of the length of recording hours from the sticks,i.e 8GB = xx hours etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

digicon
15th February, 2014, 09:24 PM
First and foremost i would recommend that you buy one that has a High Read and write write rather than size but as an example a 1 hour 30 minute length HD program would probably take around 6-7gb of space

P&D
15th February, 2014, 10:41 PM
I would suggest a usb hard drive caddy (with a sata drive ) (size as they say bigger the better) powered by the mains

DMF1969
16th February, 2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks digicon for the reply,the sticks dont hold a lot of recordings then,think i might go with the suggestion from P&D and get a usb hard drive.
Can i just ask do they have to be powered by the mains,do these work better than the usb powered ones ?

Thanks again.

cactikid
16th February, 2014, 10:06 AM
alway have or use a mains powered one bigger is not better as there is a limit to what a box can use,some boxes can run 2tb,but unsure with a skybox to what people are using maybe 500-750?

DMF1969
17th February, 2014, 08:15 AM
Thanks all i managed to get a Buffalo DriveStation 500gb yesterday off fleabay......... :joyous: