PDA

View Full Version : Skybox f3s unresponsive help

Samhughes
16th February, 2014, 12:40 AM
Hi, I've got a bit of an odd issue with a couple of skybox f3s'. The first box was working fine, I got a line from someone I know, uploaded it through the LAN Tool, then when I rebooted it the box didn't respond and crashed after about 10 seconds. I found out that if I take the satellite cable out of the box it works until I put the cable back in and then it crashes. It continues to crash if I remove the line from the CCcam settings as long as the sat cable is in. I have re-flashed the box with the firmware and still have the same issue, loaded another line on, still the same issue. I did the same thing on a different box, the exact same thing happened. I plug another box in to the same sat cable with a different line and that works fine. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? I've tried resetting to factory defaults through the GUI but this also doesn't work.

mtv1
16th February, 2014, 12:47 AM
yes but take out all rule breaking information discussions on cams are against the rules :)

check the feed first i.e. sat cable with crossed poles can cause rebooting

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/_wp_generated/wpe88794f4_01_1a.jpg

inner wire tipping outer wire

Samhughes
16th February, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hi mate, it's not the cable as it works ok in another box that was already set up. I'm thinking maybe it's a setting on the box?

Nobby Nutz
16th February, 2014, 07:58 PM
Try reinstalling existing firmware via USB rather than LAN Tool same with the Line it seems a common problem if you read previous threads with upgrade via LAN Tool.

picoman
22nd February, 2014, 10:15 PM
Hi, I've got a bit of an odd issue with a couple of skybox f3s'. The first box was working fine, I got a line from someone I know, uploaded it through the LAN Tool, then when I rebooted it the box didn't respond and crashed after about 10 seconds. I found out that if I take the satellite cable out of the box it works until I put the cable back in and then it crashes. It continues to crash if I remove the line from the CCcam settings as long as the sat cable is in. I have re-flashed the box with the firmware and still have the same issue, loaded another line on, still the same issue. I did the same thing on a different box, the exact same thing happened. I plug another box in to the same sat cable with a different line and that works fine. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? I've tried resetting to factory defaults through the GUI but this also doesn't work.

I've got exactly the same problem. I've tried a complete factory reset and deleted everything and started from scratch again. Tried a different LNB cable although there was nothing wrong with the first. Also tried different revisions of firmware.

The box simply crashes if it attached to the LNB cable. Remove the cable and it is all fine - no picture obviously!

This all started after I updated my CCcam.cfg file by LAN tool.

Anyone know a fix?

jambo862
23rd February, 2014, 09:48 AM
Hate to say it but I had the same problem with my F5S when I updated the channel list.

I've tried absolutely everything you can imagine and not been able to resolve it.

If it is the same problem, then I doubt you'll be able to fix it as it appears to be terminal.

I hope you can prove me wrong though.

Jambo862