PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3g , where to unlock ?

rob6007
4th June, 2009, 11:24 PM
hi guys whats the best way to unlock a iphone 3g .

just got one and my sim wont be recodnised in it ,

so what is hte best way to unlock the phone, should i take it to a shop to unlock it or try and do it myself , when i search to do it there are so many websires and programmes , what is the best one

also can any one confirm does the iphone 3g have mms or do you get that when you unlock the phone or do you have to download a programme for it .

i have searched the forum but nothing like this is showing up thats why im asking ,.

any help would be great guys thanks:D

caveman_nige
4th June, 2009, 11:26 PM
you need to do whats called a 'jailbreak' on it, not sure how as i don't have one but a couple of guys i work with have done it and can do what they want with them now...

rob6007
4th June, 2009, 11:33 PM
you need to do whats called a 'jailbreak' on it, not sure how as i don't have one but a couple of guys i work with have done it and can do what they want with them now...

yeah cave , i am checking that just now on you tube , and i have read on here that you jail break it , but was just wanting to know if this is the best way or if there is a better programme to use or to just take it into some unlocking shop ,

thanks tho and will check out more on jail break

rob6007
5th June, 2009, 12:04 AM
whats gevey 3g plus 2 turbo sim , do i need a dim like this to get it to work

xant14
5th June, 2009, 03:22 AM
google turbosim Rob. Ebay do them. It is piggyback type thing which you slot your sim into, and then slot this thing into your phone. I can't vouch for them as I have never used one, but they are quite cheap that I remember.
They must be very thin.

rob6007
5th June, 2009, 11:12 AM
google turbosim Rob. Ebay do them. It is piggyback type thing which you slot your sim into, and then slot this thing into your phone. I can't vouch for them as I have never used one, but they are quite cheap that I remember.
They must be very thin.

i seen that on enbay aswell as the gevey thing .

didnt realise there was so many options and things to go for ,

i asked at a shop this morning and they said they will do it over night for me for ?10.00 i dont know what software or how he is going to it , i will go back later when the boy is in that does to find out,

if anyone hasa iphone can they give there opinion please thanks

creationuk
5th June, 2009, 04:31 PM
all you need to do is go on youtube.

Type ''Dino Zambas'' as a user. And watch all of his videos to do with unlocking iphones.

Once you have jailbroken your iphone you need a source called ''yellowsn0w'' made by the dev team.

Watch those videos and you will know all!

rob6007
6th June, 2009, 09:02 PM
all you need to do is go on youtube.

Type ''Dino Zambas'' as a user. And watch all of his videos to do with unlocking iphones.

Once you have jailbroken your iphone you need a source called ''yellowsn0w'' made by the dev team.

Watch those videos and you will know all!

took the phoone into someone today and they tried to unlock it but i have now found out the phone is barred :call:

gutted now , i take it there is no way out of this .

the boy said all you can do now is keep it as a 16gb white ipod touch , not the best result but at least its something i suppose , thanks for hte help anyway guys , :D

dj_factor
7th June, 2009, 10:32 PM
anyone know an unlocker in York

rob6007
7th June, 2009, 11:53 PM
do you have to register the iphone with itunes , someone says this to me but im not sure if they are correct or that ,

should i register the phone and try , not sure if i want to incase the phone was stolen or anything .

the seller wont reply to me in anyway ,

i hate ebay

opsmonkey
8th June, 2009, 11:21 PM
do you have to register the iphone with itunes , someone says this to me but im not sure if they are correct or that ,

should i register the phone and try , not sure if i want to incase the phone was stolen or anything .

the seller wont reply to me in anyway ,

i hate ebay

if the phone was stolen then you would not be able to use anything.. The iPhone will become useless.. many thieves think if it gets blocked they can sell it as an iTouch, but the signal sent to the phone from o2 renders it completely useless..

yes you have to register it to download apps and tunes.. also it will sync with your itunes when you plug it in to your PC/MAC..

Register it.. if it then gets blocked claim your money back from paypal..

DJ_FACTOR....

You unlock it via the internet.. you need to jailbreak it.. google jailbreak its dead easy.. if you want to use it on another newtwork you have to get a turbosim.. if you are using it on anything apart from o2 its a waste as half of the capabilities are lost

bigoldee
17th June, 2009, 12:31 AM
I used pwnage to jailbreak my phone, leads you right through all the steps
Dev-Team Blog (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/)
free and easy

opsmonkey
17th June, 2009, 12:41 AM
pwnage.. top piece of kit.. i jailbroke mine with this.. put it back to Apple OS after my apps from apps store wouldnt work

sharpman
24th June, 2009, 11:20 PM
U may try this websiteMobile Unlock Guide : Get unlocking instructions for your mobile phone (http://www.mobileunlockguide.com).In that site contains the unlocking code and unlocking instructions for mobiles.

here you go, jailbreak your iphone, then unlock it.

did mine yesterday.

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750)

TROOPER_JP
15th July, 2009, 01:23 PM
pwnage is the best, and the tuts on iclarified is easy to follow.

xtech2001
22nd July, 2009, 01:08 AM
Another one is quickpwn to jailbreak and yellowst0rm to unlock

uvarov
23rd July, 2009, 12:14 PM
Please any help

fattiechef
11th November, 2009, 01:53 AM
pcb from super xsim can do the job without any additional software or computer.easy to install.
follow link:
:: www.super-xsim.com - Home :: (http://www.super-xsim.com/)

30sdirtbag
14th November, 2009, 02:37 PM
this is off on a bit of a tangent but does anyone know how i can use my iphone as a modem ?

i asked o2 and they want ?10 a month to do

i only want it for occasional use

any ideas ?

dell_xps
14th November, 2009, 03:17 PM
Internet tethering, install mywi, acts as a wireless router, or you can use it via usb, there's a few other progs if it's jailbroken.
HTH

30sdirtbag
14th November, 2009, 04:39 PM
its not jail broken does that matter ?

dell_xps
14th November, 2009, 05:21 PM
its not jail broken does that matter ?

Think it is for jailbroken Iphones only m8, worth jailbreaking just for this.

4165davies
24th November, 2009, 10:28 PM
Is it possible to jail break the itouch as the same way as the iphone?