PDA

View Full Version : Silly auto message in Facebook, how to get rid of ????

Saltire
17th February, 2014, 07:16 PM
I have had a group up and running for ages now in Face book.

I am trying to find out if there is a way of getting rid of the stupid automated message that it keeps posting up after someone replies to my posts etc saying "Not at the computer right now, when I have time I will get back to you a.s.a.p.
Thank you."

???, Is there a way to get this to stop ? I have tried to look and find out but I cant find how to.

If someone can tell me then I would appreciate it very much, thank you :)

Cheers.

Meat-Head
17th February, 2014, 07:28 PM
WTF

Are you crasy? your a member of DK the worlds bestwebsite, why do you need to go any where else?

can't you use f@keb00k with an iShit?

Saltire
18th February, 2014, 01:51 AM
lol meetheed, I still would like an answer though DK is the best mate :)

Meat-Head
18th February, 2014, 08:28 AM
Tought on f@kev00k. Theres a 'help center' or sm i thinking of a ****o site i use.

Saltire
19th February, 2014, 04:02 AM
hmmm, I guess this is a thing that cant be sorted then going by the amount of people that have tried to help ???? LOL

Meat-Head
19th February, 2014, 08:19 AM
Well start tweeting faxing morse codeing the ownwer. Is it Mr Zucker-Turd or something

enough compliants something happens

Saltire
19th February, 2014, 08:25 AM
Surprised there isn't a solution to this though to be honest all joking aside, hmmmm :(

Meat-Head
19th February, 2014, 08:41 AM
Can you change your email settings?

Saltire
19th February, 2014, 08:55 AM
Can you change your email settings?

eh ????? what ya mean meetheed ?

maca
19th February, 2014, 03:42 PM
Think if you go into settings then notification settings you can turn them off there mate .

Meat-Head
19th February, 2014, 08:51 PM
eh ????? what ya mean meetheed ?

was thinking you an email very 2 mins, divert them into a folder

Saltire
20th February, 2014, 12:30 AM
I doubt that would work meety, I could be wrong though, I have seen that notification thing though maca, so I will maybe give that a wee go and see how it turns oot, thanks chaps :)

M T Glass
20th February, 2014, 07:03 AM
The problem with your question, Saltire, is because members of a sophisticated web site such as DK don't want to admit they're on facegook. But maybe, yes, in settings you might be able to slow down the bugger.

Of course, I'm not on it either. (Hmmm , clears throat)

Meat-Head
20th February, 2014, 08:26 AM
Of course, I'm not on it either. (Hmmm , clears throat)

There are websites you need to log in to stalk people, then you find like the *HOT* bird from the parts deptment unfriends you, at which point MONTHS ago you dont bother with it

Saltire
20th February, 2014, 08:50 PM
Well, I tried the suggestion of going into the settings and turning off "Notifications" but the silly automated message saying "Not at the computer right now, when I have time I will get back to you a.s.a.p.
Thank you." still keeps showing up after either someone comments to one of my posts or if they post a new post of their own up, hmmm ?

There is an option for "Notifications" on every new post that is added which does stop the automated messages on that specific post but thats all, so that means that you would need to do that on every single new post which is too much hassle man, its a bit of a headache, it doesnt happen with anyone else, just me as I am the creator of the Group, cant think of what to try next now, hmmm :grumpy:

Meat-Head
20th February, 2014, 11:54 PM
Try logout. Clear cookies, Then log back in then select "PERMANENTLY VLOSE MY ACCOUNT". If you have an iShit

M T Glass
21st February, 2014, 07:13 AM
Well, I tried the suggestion of going into the settings and turning off "Notifications" but the silly automated message saying "Not at the computer right now, when I have time I will get back to you a.s.a.p.
Thank you." still keeps showing up after either someone comments to one of my posts or if they post a new post of their own up, hmmm ?

There is an option for "Notifications" on every new post that is added which does stop the automated messages on that specific post but thats all, so that means that you would need to do that on every single new post which is too much hassle man, its a bit of a headache, it doesnt happen with anyone else, just me as I am the creator of the Group, cant think of what to try next now, hmmm :grumpy:

Ah! A bit more information. As admin. of your page puts you in a similar, but smaller (much smaller) position similar to Devil Fish then I don't believe there is a way of stopping notifications.

gmb45
21st February, 2014, 07:24 AM
facepish has just bought whatspish n aw hmmm 19bn $ ffs

Meat-Head
21st February, 2014, 08:42 AM
facepish has just bought whatspish n aw hmmm 19bn $ ffs

Does it affect iShit users as well as iPish users.

19bn thats a LOT of money that could hsve been redirected e.g. This app on cidtiaon of you

1000 for the rights to the software 100000 building a brickwall around nottingham. 200000 sending irrtants back 13000 sterlising africa to stop them breeding

then the rest donated to DK (hint hint?