PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Isuzu 4HK1 P0087 LOW RAIL PRESSURE/ P0091l Pressure Regulator Solenoid 1 Control

Biggame520
18th February, 2014, 06:55 AM
Hello DK friends,

I need your help! I have a customer with a 2005 Isuzu with a 4HK1 5.2L. The issue is that it loses power completely when the check engine light come on. I have IDSS hooked up and it showed that the throttle volts is cut and the motor is de-rated. Once I turn off the key and turn it back on the check engine lights goes off and for about 1-2 miles it comes back on again. Truck idle fine but when I give it gas no response. The other shop had replaced 4 injectors, fuel pressure sensor, and water /fuel separated filter and housing already. I have took out the fuel line from the pump to the tank and used the shop air to blow it back to the tank with the fuel cap open to make sure there was not restriction and also insert a clear fuel hose to make sure there is no air in the system. I also checked the fuel limiter and everything seem fine.

I have read on yahoo answer that some tech had the same issue and it came out to be the high pressure fuel supply pump. I am leading on that too but my customer already have over $2500.00 into this truck and the pump is $1500 new at my local dealer. Before replacing the supply pump I hope to someone here can share me their option.

Note: I have check with IDDS and the fuel pressure desire and actual is all in spec and the fuel regulator is also in spec, however after the check engine goes on the pressure desire is higher than the actual pressure. Also the throttle volt is 0 and not response. Seem like the ECM cutting off the fuel system.

Biggame520
19th February, 2014, 05:35 AM
I just ordered a used injector pump off Ebay today and will arrive by this week. I will update the result if it will fix the issues with these two codes.

mathura
19th February, 2014, 01:22 PM
I don't think it is the pump, it seems that you are loosing pressure which cause the engine to stay at idle. I know that you mentioned that injectors was replaced but I am thinking that one of the injectors is stuck open when this happens

Please update and let us know your findings

Biggame520
27th February, 2014, 01:59 AM
Replaced the Injection pump and it still doing the same thing. I did not replace the injectors so I do not know it was installed correctly or not. Do you have any ideas whats wrong with this truck?

dimitar22
2nd March, 2014, 12:25 AM
Any news,about your problem?

Biggame520
5th March, 2014, 11:49 PM
Yes, the problem was the connector plug to the pressure solenoid was burnt and it caused to lose connectivity. When this happen the check engine light goes on and it shut off the fuel pressure. Cost 24.99 at my local dealer for the connector harness.

ramirofrancesco
16th April, 2014, 04:03 PM
Yes, the problem was the connector plug to the pressure solenoid was burnt and it caused to lose connectivity. When this happen the check engine light goes on and it shut off the fuel pressure. Cost 24.99 at my local dealer for the connector harness.

Hello, can you post a picture of that conector?
I had this issue often, and It will drive me crazy. I used to put out the FPR sensor and cleaned on a ultrasonic tank. Because it's an intermitent failure.

For you information thank you very much.

Mohammed mimiri
10th December, 2017, 09:56 AM
Please send me the connector image, I'm facing the same problem