PDA

View Full Version : Problems flashing clone 800 PRO image

abs786
21st February, 2014, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone,

My DM800 Pro has a CA Error when i tried flashing a openPLI Image to it. I got a serial cable from ebay and proceeding it to flash it thinking that i had flashed with the wrong image previously. I went on dreamoem website and tried again with a sim2 84# PLI but it failed again. Why would that be? The box came with a 82# image and I am trying with 84# - would that be the reason? I havent tried with a 82# yet as they didnt have it on the dreamoem site. But would someone please tell me why the image arent working .

andy91
21st February, 2014, 11:47 AM
Might be a corrupt image. With some images its best to flash bootloader first. I'm guessing your using a null modem cable?
Good program in downloads that will fix it but get a fresh download of image and make sure its sim 2.

Dreambox NO CA FOUND Repair Tool NCF SIM2 v2.5 - Downloads - Digital Kaos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-no-ca-found-repair-tool-ncf-sim2-v2-5-2684/)

Andy

abs786
21st February, 2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks for this Andy, Yes its a Null Modem usb to RS232 because i have no serial connector. So if I download this will i at least be able to boot via ethernet because using the null modem cable takes well over an hour!!!

Also will 84# versions work as is indeed sim 2?

Thanks

andy91
21st February, 2014, 12:44 PM
Once you use that you can flash using web browser. The old fashioned way with dreamup is ok but takes ages. You can add Ethernet as well which will speed It up.
Use that program and don't worry to much about the bootloaders will pm a link to a decent Openpli image and give that a go.
Just have to remember to match the image to the sim of your box,

Andy.

abs786
21st February, 2014, 12:58 PM
Cheers Andy - Will give it a go after work! :)