PDA

View Full Version : Gemini 4.4.0 [ clone Detection]

txrx
9th June, 2008, 07:42 AM
i would advise anyone not to use this version for it has clone detection. i got my box locked.

Neil
9th June, 2008, 11:10 AM
i would advise anyone not to use this version for it has clone detection. i got my box locked.

Which box did you have locked?

paulinhosantos
15th June, 2008, 12:51 AM
yes, man... tell us witch box was locked... it help's a little!

jimbo69jones
15th June, 2008, 09:23 PM

JTAG it and revive it.

nin747
24th June, 2008, 08:10 PM
My DM500 is an original one( I checked on several sites), but I got the same problem.

Please be carefull when using this new image.

Have to use JTAG to recover the dreambox.

ayman
27th June, 2008, 10:46 PM
I locked my DM500-S (Cloned) today , It was working fine with Gemini 4.3 , flashed it with Flashpro 6.3 , however when I used Dreamup and just by connecting to DM-500S I received the cloned mesg and I could not turn it on anymore. I will aquire a serial cable and see it I could avoid the JTAG method

smirnoff_rules
27th June, 2008, 11:27 PM
yes it will be fine with a null cable and dreamup .. u might have to power up the box from the plug as its sending the f/w to the box for it to unlock it .. u can try this with the ftp aswell if u want

krazylegz
28th June, 2008, 08:42 AM
why are people still using gemeni?????

the amount of receivers they wiped out with 4.3.1 and people still use them, personally i woudlnt touch them with a barge pole, never have rated them there is much better images out there

jellybee007
28th June, 2008, 08:11 PM
hi,

A friend of my, they have also this problem whit the clone detection.
Now i tryed to setup the new bootloader, butt i make a mistake.
I didn't rename the bootlader, and know there is a bootloader from a dm 56xx inside.
How can i change them back to the normal one.
I didn't get the connection whit the paralel jtag

many yhanks in advance,

jay
28th June, 2008, 08:35 PM

can I use in my open media 500CS box

Neil
28th June, 2008, 10:09 PM
never have rated them there is much better images out there

I always liked the Gemini images, still run it on my 7000s and 600c at the moment. My 7025cc has the Pli image on it. It is rock solid. The whole family use it so it gets some abuse. The wife is always recording with it and playing back stuff for the kids. I can't remember the last time it locked up and needed a reboot.

C64
28th June, 2008, 10:42 PM
I've never liked Gemini images so to me it's no great loss, over-rated and produced by people with massive egos.

I much prefer Nabilosat 0.8, best image I've used so far.

BTW, the Gemini bomb did not detect my clone box. :)

Neil
28th June, 2008, 11:20 PM
BTW, the Gemini bomb did not detect my clone box. :)

Did you change your MAC if so do you have a link for doing it? Does it require jtag to change it?

C64
28th June, 2008, 11:22 PM
I did nothing mate.

Chinese clone, bought 2 years ago, passes all clone detection shit. :)

maniac
13th August, 2008, 09:04 PM
Hi

I've got a small question in addition to your discussion.. Does the Gemini_0440_DM500_max_var.img image have clone detection/killing embedded?

I've got it running on a genuine DM500s (ofcourse), and I'm pretty sure that it runs on 2 of my friend's clones, without any probs. I threw it on another friends clone (identical to the other two I mentioned before), but the box died. Dunno if it had the message showing that it was a clone, he didnt tell me.
Naturally I send the box back to the distributor, knowing nothing about the whole "4.3.1-situation", but he enlightened me a bit, saying I flashed it with 4.3.1 and killed it, bud I did not. I threw 4.4.0 on it, 100% sure - but could it have killed the box, and would JTAG revive it? Its dead with no LED on the front, PSU 100% ok, tried two psu's..

hehe :bounce:

Curious123
13th August, 2008, 10:50 PM
why are people still using gemeni?????

the amount of receivers they wiped out with 4.3.1 and people still use them, personally i woudlnt touch them with a barge pole, never have rated them there is much better images out there

Have to agree with you m8. Anyone still pratting about with Gemini images deserves to get their boxes bricked.

maximuss
24th August, 2008, 11:01 AM
My clona have a new mac , original , not jtag need.