PDA

View Full Version : Changed Settings and now just Blank with sound any help!

sinGinHawk
1st March, 2014, 01:24 PM
The picture was squashed so I changed the settings to first 1080 60 that didn't make a difference, then I scrolled once more to the right and it went blank. Any ideas on how to get it back and then how to stop it being squashed. It is not my TV as normal DTV is fine. Thanks

thanidar
1st March, 2014, 02:13 PM
reboot youre box that might do it

cactikid
1st March, 2014, 03:37 PM
did you move it to a scart setting if does not come back?

Hadron
2nd March, 2014, 02:42 AM
Connect the box to the TV with composite cables. Use the CVBS connectors on the back of the box to connect to a composite input on your TV, or use the scart connector. Then cycle round the different TV formats in the TV System menu until your HDMI springs back to life.

If you don't have any composite leads handy, you could try doing it "blind".

Press the V Format button twice, then wait around 10 seconds. If still no output to TV, press the V Format button twice again & wait another 10 seconds. Keep doing this until you get an output on your HDMI. There are around 10 different TV fomats so it might take a few goes before you find the right one.

DW190
2nd March, 2014, 10:11 AM
Sorted one last night with the same/similar problem. Led would only show 480 when trying to change the Vformat by the button.

Used just one composite lead from Yellow to yellow and noticed the Vidio Out had been changed to RGB when for HD it needs to be YUV.