PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Polo 2011 TDI Reverse Camera Flickering.

VW786
2nd March, 2014, 06:10 PM
Hi All. Purchased an erisin ES1268V Head Unit and looks fantastic. I also decided to buy a reverse camera with it simply because it's cool :) have seen numerous videos on YouTube on how to wire the cameras, with everyone seeming to tap into the reverse light. I managed to feed all the wires neatly in the panels on the side. Wiring was pretty easy with a little help from a multimeter. Once I managed to have everything hooked up and back into place I gave it a go with the key in igntion ( Not Started ) and camera worked flawlessly, However as soon as I get off the drive and reverse back onto my drive (Engine running obviously) the camera simply fails and the screen flickers and goes fuzzy ( Like a poor tv freeview reception) and once I turn the engine off and leave it for 5 minutes and retry with key in ignition its decides to work again. Googled the situation and seen quite a few people having the same issue. Where they have been recommended a 4 Pin 12V 30A Relay. But sadly nobody seems to reply with the outcome. Have ordered all the equipment ( In Line Fuse Holder, Loom Wire, Relay and some Crimp Connectors ), but I want to know if it will definitely work as I don't want to heavily rely on these, for them to arrive on Wednesday and be disappointed. Thank You

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk