PDA

View Full Version : will this still work?

smirnoff_rules
9th June, 2008, 05:18 PM
this has been on my wall for about 16 years .. when sky first started l think .. anywho will this type still work ? cheers

and yes l know the roof bit needs painting .. but the wife dont like highs lol

metall1
9th June, 2008, 05:40 PM
this has been on my wall for about 16 years .. when sky first started l think .. anywho will this type still work ? cheers

and yes l know the roof bit needs painting .. but the wife dont like highs lol

Recently used an old Sky analogue dish like the one you have in the pic along with an MTI bluline lnb that I had lying around. Put it up for a family member and it works a treat with an Eagle box. Well no problems so far.
You'll probably need to get the wd40 out if your planning on moving it!

smirnoff_rules
9th June, 2008, 05:54 PM
cheers m8 wots a MTI

Curious123
9th June, 2008, 06:39 PM
The white device pointing towards you dish.

2tone
12th June, 2008, 07:53 PM
or lnb not that dear to buy at the most 10 pounds for a new one

umgum
12th June, 2008, 09:04 PM
aldi were selling lnb`s for ?3 the other week

krazylegz
13th June, 2008, 01:37 AM
would still work paul m8 but for what it's worth i'd bin and get a new one, they're cheap enough.

the lnb and connector is different on yours its not a new universal fit so holder is also required, the dish will be pointing at the old sly satellite (28.5e) and not that many channels on there and you'll have a hell of a job trying to move it( probs need heat lol)

so my honest opinion would be to get a 1.1m motorised (probs bout ?100 or so) and the world of tv is your oyster;)

Neil
14th June, 2008, 04:37 AM
the dish will be pointing at the old sly satellite (28.5e) and not that many channels on there and you'll have a hell of a job trying to move it( probs need heat lol)

The old sky was on the astra 1 satellites at 19.2 east.

krazylegz
14th June, 2008, 11:07 AM
The old sky was on the astra 1 satellites at 19.2 east.

i stand corrected...........think i was pi$$ed when wrote that lol.

but will still need new universal lnb for the higher frequencies of the new modern channels available