PDA

View Full Version : Well done Apple

GastonJ
5th March, 2014, 05:20 PM
A man whose mother bequeathed her iPad to her family in her will says Apple's security rules are too restrictive.
Josh Grant, 26, from London, told BBC Radio 4's You & Yours (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03wpzn2) his mother bought the tablet during her cancer treatment.
Since her death, they have been unable to unlock the device, despite providing Apple with copies of her will, death certificate and solicitor's letter.
Apple says its security measures have led the industry in helping customers protect lost or stolen devices.

"At 59, my mum was fairly young, I've already lost my dad and it's a bit cold of them not to treat things on a case-by-case basis."

BBC News - Apple security rules leave inherited iPad useless, say sons (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26448158)

Apple told You & Yours it had led the industry in helping customers protect lost or stolen devices, and that Find My iPhone, launched in 2009, allowed customers to remotely set up passwords and remove personal information. It added that a measure called Activation Lock also gave customers control of their device and acted as a theft deterrent.

It isn't really news I suppose, however such a helpful reply from Apple. Maybe they should be MP's, after all they can make quotes on everything but the matter at hand *shrug*

My vote for helpful company of the year :top: not....

Meat-Head
5th March, 2014, 11:04 PM
Thought from the title their recalling and crushing ALL iShits and iTurds & iPoo's

must be a bit of luck, having to throw it out.

so for those millionaires, buy an iTurd, lock it, send it back, see if they request the pass!

bet if was a MFI murder case it would be opened quicker than you could type Tweet

RedSpider
6th March, 2014, 10:58 AM
Is it possible that they actually HAVE stolen the crapple and have made up the story of a dead mother?

GastonJ
6th March, 2014, 08:26 PM
Well red I suppose if they haven't done that they could have killed their mother just so they could get their hands on her iPad as well. It's just the way that Apple didn't bother to answer anything about the issue in hand but just commented on how safe their devices were from thieves that got me. Maybe the Apple spokesperson was an MP moonlighting?

Meat-Head
6th March, 2014, 10:05 PM
But look at the **** sites, you see iTurds for less than $200 click here for 90 page survey and spam forever in your inbox

Fence Sitter
8th March, 2014, 01:12 PM
The iturkey operating principles suck as far as being helpful are concerned downunder here. Their dodgey sale policies offer a bit of fodder for the media down here ... like a segment where the reporter was trying to getting a refund for a stupid (fake) ap bought through the isquawk stores. They got their money back ... finally, but enough trouble there to give anyone half smart a good nudge to try something else.