PDA

View Full Version : slow loading pages

footycard steve
5th March, 2014, 07:50 PM
i have been having problem with some pages loading slowly over the last few days on firefox,ebay took 5 minutes to load this morning and others have been slow too,i phoned virgin yesterday to see if any problems in the area but there were none,i dont really understand add ons and plug ins but found a menu for them in firefox and it said my silverlight was disabled as it was an older version so i've just updated that to see if that helps.
i've also downloaded adobe flash player 12 more than once but it doesnt show in my programmes?
also in the add ons it says acrobat reader is older version and is disabled will that affect my browsing?
i seem to have had a few problems since switching my anti virus to comodo but i dont know if thats just coincidence but my dvd tray no longer opens now either (toshiba sat l450-181).
i've had the laptop for almost 4 years now are these faults/problems just to be expected or are they easily solved if you have the knowhow?

plasma533
5th March, 2014, 08:48 PM
Same here, webpages slow to load. may be too much for DK's host ;)

M T Glass
6th March, 2014, 07:05 AM
I had a similar problem with firefox some time ago and stopped using it. But maybe if you run malwarebytes or other similar software you might find something that could also be adding to your problem.

Cod3waX
6th March, 2014, 10:35 AM
try these thing:

you need to clear firefox cache - Tools/options/advanced/network
add-ons - adblock is a great add-on for blocking annoying advert popups
Click Help/About from the Firefox menu to automatically update
CCleaner is a great tool from deleting caches/tempfiles/broken reg files etc.... click link to download Download CCleaner 4.11.4619 - FileHippo.com (http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner)

footycard steve
6th March, 2014, 06:58 PM
had checked firefox and its up to date,only ever used c cleaner once and it lost all my passwords etc,not had any problems today so i'm thinking maybe having the out of date silverlight was causing problems,since switching to comodo its never found anything nor has malwarebytes or windows defender,i'm going to try and find a stream of the darts tonight so i'll see if flash player works.

Cod3waX
7th March, 2014, 09:28 AM
when updating the flash player make sure u dont install mcafee aswell as it is automatically ticked

in ccleaner click clean tab then application and take the tick out of cookies and this should save all the passwords for your sites after the clean

footycard steve
6th April, 2014, 03:07 PM
some pages started loading really slowly in the last few days and also firefox (it is up to date) has crashed a couple of times in the last 2 days so i removed the comodo anti virus etc and re-installed MSE but the same problems with firefox and i sometimes get a grey pop up info box about slow script or busy shockwave plug in but i dont know what it means? i have searched my programmes for shockwave but it doesn't find anything, i've tried the older version of ie for browsing but i cant get the size of the wording the way i like it (i've tried it by enlarging the view and also ctrl + or - but not happy with the results.