PDA

View Full Version : Launch control MINI COOPER

NASTASE
8th March, 2014, 04:08 PM
Hi DK members,
Does anyone have information about how to do Launch control on Mini Coper R53 or R50??I owe you for any information.

NASTASE
9th March, 2014, 06:51 AM
Up!!!!!!!!!!

speedy100
9th March, 2014, 06:16 PM
Hi,

You need an aftermarket ECU that supports Launch control.
Is this for a racing car?

NASTASE
9th March, 2014, 09:11 PM
Hi,

You need an aftermarket ECU that supports Launch control.
Is this for a racing car?

Hi m8,
Thanks for answer,but I'm sure it can be done on original ECU,Bytetronik FA can do that,problem of this interface is married only with one ECU,and 700$ is a big price for what she make.
Car with 115HP, can't be a race car.
Look here:
Launch Control Option For Mini Cooper On Stock ECU - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enp8JFXI-nc)

speedy100
9th March, 2014, 10:02 PM
This is dedicated system for mini. I do not know of anything similar but cheaper. For about that price You have the option to look into aftermarket ECUs that offer You all engine tuning adjustments plus Launch control. You need to search... start from Home of the Emerald K6 aftermarket standalone ECU (http://www.emeraldm3d.com/) You can use the Flat Shift option to have a perfect launch control system with this. I am using it in many racing and street cars for years...

Best Regards

NASTASE
10th March, 2014, 06:24 AM
Thanks m8,appreciate.

ominimicu
10th March, 2014, 10:10 AM
cant it be done like on bmw edc16 ecus? finding 1st gear toruqe limiters...and modding x axis?

NASTASE
10th March, 2014, 05:52 PM
cant it be done like on bmw edc16 ecus? finding 1st gear toruqe limiters...and modding x axis?

Hi Ominimicu,
Siemens EMS 2000 software is much less sophisticated than EDC15,EDC16, don't have gears torque limiter,I doubt that there is a Torque map, engine is made by Chrysler and I think software is made by American taste,simple enough.

NASTASE
13th March, 2014, 01:28 PM
Up!!!!!!!!!!