PDA

View Full Version : Poor Reception Sultana and Sly 2&3

Bloat
8th June, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hi,

I have a Kryptview 750c and have very poor signal quality on Sultana Sports 1 & 2 and Sly 2 & 3 (normal not sports). I have performed the following to try and resolve but no joy:

Factory Reset (no change)
Rescan without any splitters (no change)
Bought and fitted a Konig Pro 30A + rescan (better)
Fitted 6 db attentuator (no picture at all on these 4 channels)

The Virmin box receives fine on Sly 3 but I can't test reception on Sultana (ahem). The Konig has boosted the signal really well as I can now get the Vid-on-demand on the Virmin box whereas I couldn't before, and the cable modem downstream is currently 13dbmv and upstream 40dbmv

It seems as though the problem is only with a certain TP??

Any ideas anyone?

BTW - West Mids area, 19/03/09 Firmware

wilf
8th June, 2009, 08:49 AM
has this just happend over this week or as it been going on for a while? reason i ask is i have been reading alot of threads where peeps not recieving sultana not only on kryptview but othere boxes so it seems they are moving frequency on these channels. this is where you at an advantage with a kryptview as it will scan whilst on standby and pick up the new frequencys so you dont have to but the powersacan must be on. press menu>system settings>other settings> power scan>on and leave on standby when not in use it should find any channels that move frequency.

also noticed you on 19/3/09 firmware, my 750 i have running on the 13/3/09 as i lost a couple of channels on 19th firmware

Bloat
8th June, 2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have only had the Kryptview for a few weeks but I do think that Sly 2 and 3 were fine when I first installed it.

The two 'signal' bars on the bottom of the screen when one of the affected channels are chosen usually read 70ish (left) and 30ish (right), though sometimes the right signal drops to low/mid 20s. Most other channels are 70ish (left) and 50-60ish (right)

I have also tried connecting the KV directly and with the Konig in-line without any improvement.

Yup, Powerscan is on thanks, but interestingly I must have reset and rescanned around a dozen times over the weekend and each time I picked up a different number of channels!

I'll try the 13/03/09 firmware and post back to let you know how I get on. A local friend also has the KV 700, so I'll check and report back on his reception

Thanks again..

DW190
8th June, 2009, 09:40 AM
A local friend also has the KV 700, so I'll check and report back on his reception

Thanks again..

Try your box at your mates place. If its ok their that will eliminate the box its self and place the fault with you feed. That is of course if your mates channels are ok.

wooper
9th June, 2009, 12:27 PM
This always worth a go, really simple, but happened to me!!!!!

My Sky 1,2 and 3 was patchy, break up, all that, every other was fine, sports, movies etc, fine. But couldnt get Simpsons so kids up in arms

Was always at the back of the box, tightening the conection, rescan etc. Nothing worked and resigned myself that would never have these 3.

Was moving some furniture and noticed the conector from the cable that vermin man put on the cable into the house that splits to box and then modem was loose. Tightened these and no more probs.

Never thought to look at these as had never been touched since the day was first done.

Hope this makes sense.

wooper
9th June, 2009, 12:29 PM
to put a bit more simple (like wot I am), from the point the cable eneters house, check every conection, not just the one to the box.

femmafatal
10th June, 2009, 11:19 PM
I have a a700c & am having exactly the same problem, but sly screen 1 & sly screen 2 have joined them today.
I have had problems with sly2 & 3 since they came back to cable. This didn't overly bother me, but the loss of sultana 1, sultana 2 & gers tv do...especially seen as selic tv is working!!! conspiracy??? hahahaha
I have updated to most recent version & tried previous suggestion, but still no joy.
My TP is Uddingston
any help would be much appreciated particulary if it could be fixed before ufc 99

Bloat
11th June, 2009, 07:50 AM
Interesting.... I got home last night to find that Sly 2 and 3 are now fine (Quality around 70), but that Sly Screen 1 and 2 are now poor (Quality around 29-32). Sultana is still the same.

Could Virmin be changing which TP the channels are broadcast on?

I have yet to try either the previous firmware or a friends feed, but should have chance this weekend. Will report back.

Thanks

kingmuff
25th June, 2009, 05:38 PM
having the same problems here..think its a week signal..i tried it on another cable spot in the house which is the closest point to the cable box outside the house and it workin fine...your cable point in your house must be a long way from the cable box from outside the house and the signal is weak..that was the case with my kryptview anyway..i used to have a starview and a eurovox and i didnt have the same signal issues with them..i think this is the downside of the kryptview

jckw
25th June, 2009, 05:40 PM
having the same problems here..think its a week signal..i tried it on another cable spot in the house which is the closest point to the cable box outside the house and it workin fine...your cable point in your house must be a long way from the cable box from outside the house and the signal is weak..that was the case with my kryptview anywayhave you still got setanta in liverpool weve lost it

rickets
25th June, 2009, 09:23 PM
have you still got setanta in liverpool weve lost it

Is it not cos they have gone bust ?

Bloat
6th July, 2009, 10:36 AM
Turned out to be a signal issue after all. I booked an engineer who changed the upstream (61) and downstream (-12) levels in the cab at the end of the street (50 up and 0 down after change) and all is fine now.

Still using the latest firmware. Sultana has now changed to the 'Ceased Broadcasting' message but obviously that is nothing to do with the Kryptview!!!

BTW the signal level (Right Hand Side on the Arnet 750) was around 25-35 on the channels with poor reception and is now 40-50. Most channels sit around 75-80