PDA

View Full Version : Cars clocking milage hard to easy

Femalelizzard
9th June, 2008, 10:49 PM
After my recent car troubles lol alot of them Im taking a intrest in which cars to avoid as my pal and several people have warned my that zafiras are one of the easyiest cars to clock even though there digi clocks I thought the old clocking game was finished years ago with all the new modern cars with brains and diog plugs etc but it sounds like the opposite and vunrable people are getting sucked in thinking digital clocks and stuff mean safe milage.

Just a quick reponse of the mechanics on here Whats some of the HARDEST cars to clock.

And some of the easyiest im sure folk will benifit from the knowledge.

smirnoff_rules
9th June, 2008, 11:05 PM
there all clockable m8 .. digital clocks r easy with the software m8 .. even the laters cars have a memory in the keys of wot the mileage is and they code them aswell

Femalelizzard
9th June, 2008, 11:14 PM
there all clockable m8 .. digital clocks r easy with the software m8 .. even the laters cars have a memory in the keys of wot the mileage is and they code them aswell

found a few dodgy links about some say the software costs less the ?15 lmao im buying a new car next a 1.0 fiat and im gonna polish it every day lmao its fcuking scary big money if you clock the right motor you get tripple the turn over its a nightmare no wonder people buy new cars. :musicus:

even though you loose money as soon as you drive it of the 4 court at least you can sleep

[http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=220398[/URL]

http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=BsIo4L6lNSMqZNI3a0wSP1o30D53YwSWpw8OEBOWSmXnQyh YIABACGAIgtlQoAzAAOABQtv6Onf______AWC7rrKD0AqgAdXR t_4DyAEBgAIBqQLKtsY-xYzAPtkDYYJAOSz9_OPgAwg&sig=AGiWqtz0dIhQBkQ1FrzDhaBLlicGrwy8TQ&q=http://www.milemagic.com/main.htm

zozz123
28th October, 2008, 01:56 PM
if you clock it and get found out your going to jail memate check the service history
and the back m o t and have a good look at the owner and steering wheel to see if its
been changed and brake peddles and a some luck.

DavC
28th October, 2008, 03:38 PM
at the end of the day they can all be clocked... simple precautions should be taken when buying a car anyway (wear in the usual places, old MOTs etc etc), and you should get a good idea if the milage is genuine or not.

but even so, milage isnt the be all and end all, the way it's driven and service intervals are just as important

Mikebuk
29th October, 2008, 12:08 AM
With the right equipment any car can be clocked. I agree with DaveC. The way a car is driven effects a car a lot. If you can, get the owner to drive it on the outward journey of a test drive and then you drive it back. That way, if the guy thrashes it ect, walk away. Ask how it has been used etc. Does the history show a high number of brake pad/shoe changes? This indicates short local journeys and will have taken its toll on the engine/transmission etc. I bought my car with 150K+ on it, but it had full service history and I know that it was all motorway mileage. It now has 200K on it and still going strong.

yamar1
29th October, 2008, 12:17 AM
touch wood!:D

eddiegoldtooth
31st October, 2008, 07:39 PM
I was in the car game until i was abducted by aliens, had my own workshop etc. been out the game for 7 years and just getting back into it, every car is clokkable cos its all software dass why they ask ya to put the milage in the log book when ya sell. personally, i would never do it even when one attached a drill to the speedo cable at the gearbox end lol, its all obd 2 (a universal plug for your cars diagnostics) that they all have now. Also CAN Bus systems .... dass another story. Sadly where there is a will there is a way, why not get a classic car, (free road tax), cheap insurance put better running gear in it and dont let the clocking get ya down as there is no escape!

eddiegoldtooth
31st October, 2008, 07:48 PM
One of the best ways to see if a car has done loads of miles is to look very carefully in the engine bay around the nuts and bolts that go thru the chassis etc. to see if there is rust or corrosion. Dealers always steam clean engine bays to make the engine look nice and clean making you think its low milage, the reason why they have to do this is because its filthy under there.......done ss enterprise milage!