PDA

View Full Version : anyone know about boilers ?

smirnoff_rules
11th March, 2008, 08:26 PM
cant believe it . bloody boilers stopped working .. its a ferroli combo . hot waters is working but the boiler it maker a slight buzzing noise but isnt firing if u know wot l mean . the other day the rads were just warm and l bleed it and it all seemed ok till tonight , how can l tell if the pump is working ?
cheers
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/cleanup1000/100_0096.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/cleanup1000/100_0097.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/cleanup1000/100_0098.jpg

Baaheeduk
11th March, 2008, 08:31 PM
Don't know much mate but I had problems a few years ago with radiators just being warm and needing bled all the time.

Turned out to be the pump?

Have you not got a service agreement on it? If you have, best get an engineer out?

thommo
11th March, 2008, 08:33 PM
when you bled it did you fill the boiler back up via the filling loop?

that second dial looks too low to me m8. should be min of 1.5 bar, cant see the numbers from the pic but the dial looks low by sight.

hot water will work as it run differently to the heating.

bottom dial what does it read m8? i think theres your problem which is a two min job and wont cost you jack.

boiler wont fire up the heating unless its @ 1.5 bar or higher (not too high mind lol). and bleeding the rads lets the pressure out hence your pressure drop and no heating.

smirnoff_rules
11th March, 2008, 08:45 PM
yea l filled up after the bleed m8 . its 1.5

@Baaheeduk ... service agreement . wots that lol

edit : just had a shower and it started working again ?

sargie
12th March, 2008, 04:16 PM
yea l filled up after the bleed m8 . its 1.5

@Baaheeduk ... service agreement . wots that lol

edit : just had a shower and it started working again ?

dont wqant to sound all negative on you m8 but our boiler started palying up like yours a while back one minute it would work then it wouldnt. pressure would drop need bleeding pilot light would only light sometimes eventualy after some time it completly bust. so my advice to you is to get someone in the know out to it now before its a new boiler needed.

smirnoff_rules
12th March, 2008, 09:22 PM
found the problem .. a bit like a car the temp sender is faulting and reading hot all the till .. think they will still sell them ? http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/cleanup1000/temp-1.jpg

krazylegz
12th March, 2008, 10:26 PM
my ferollii boiler did a similar thing but it was the other way around,no hot water,my mate told me it'll be the domestic hotwater sensor and sure enough it was. cost me ?17 to buy and was spot on since.

if you still have the manual tho paul check the part number of the sensor as the shops will prob need it to make it easier

smirnoff_rules
12th March, 2008, 10:41 PM
my ferollii boiler did a similar thing but it was the other way around,no hot water,my mate told me it'll be the domestic hotwater sensor and sure enough it was. cost me ?17 to buy and was spot on since.

if you still have the manual tho paul check the part number of the sensor as the shops will prob need it to make it easier
the wife bless her who keeps everything found the manual . its called a c.h flow temperature switch , bit of a pain being that side , will have to change it fast without flooding the kitchen lol
cant be arsed draining the system out

charlie senator
13th March, 2008, 01:08 AM
A guy jumped out of an aircraft on a sky dive ,pulls his rip cord and nothing happens he pulls his back up chute and still nothing . So as he is hurtling towards the ground he sees another guy on the way up "hey mate no anything about parachutes" he shouts "No mate, no anything about gas boilers" Smirnoff replies

smirnoff_rules
13th March, 2008, 04:22 PM
A guy jumped out of an aircraft on a sky dive ,pulls his rip cord and nothing happens he pulls his back up chute and still nothing . So as he is hurtling towards the ground he sees another guy on the way up "hey mate no anything about parachutes" he shouts "No mate, no anything about gas boilers" Smirnoff replies

wot a laugh changing the temp sender without draining the system , all done now and in the wifes good books again