PDA

View Full Version : Volvo s60 d5 2002 wont start

bugarcek
12th March, 2014, 01:27 PM
Hello

I have Volvo s60 d5 which will not start.

I already replaced the high and low preasure pump, injectors, crank and cam sensor, ecu... And nothing helps, I also check the timing belt set and it is ok.

I check the fuses and replace all relays in engine bonnet and nothing...

I get no error with vida only one fault is showing (cd cahnger error) And also I look in cem for immo data, the Vida tell me that start is possible...

I am desperate, I am working on this car for a month and no solution. Car is running ok on start spray. Should also be a problem with cem?

I realy ned+ed some volvo expert.

adam12112
12th March, 2014, 05:55 PM
What fuel pressure on the rail you have when engine turn on the starter? What were the circumstances when no start? Any repair before?

bugarcek
13th March, 2014, 03:46 PM
350 bar, it started to not start about 2 month ago and the costumer tried to start it later and car just start well, there were no any repair before.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk

adam12112
13th March, 2014, 05:54 PM
Try(if you do not try before) at least 2-3 injectors connected outside engine, is fuel injected, check. The best if connect all injector outside engine. You need to do this test second fuel injector pipe.

bugarcek
14th March, 2014, 09:30 AM
I tried this before. Now I had also changed all engine cables from another working car and no succes. Compression of the car is good...

bugarcek
14th March, 2014, 05:43 PM
Also changed BSI and car wont start.... I will get crazy with this car!

chriskross
14th March, 2014, 07:06 PM
There is often problem with injectors car cranks but not starts.

You can try to spray in engine start spray then car should start.

My english is bad i hope you understand what i mean

bugarcek
14th March, 2014, 07:44 PM
I already changed the injectors from working car.Car is running ok with spray, but does not want to run on diesel...

maybach_
14th March, 2014, 08:46 PM
How many RMP on crank sensor you have when yo try to start, have you checked the EGR so that it is really closed

REGARD

adam12112
14th March, 2014, 09:37 PM
If fuel is injected (checked with injector outside engine electric conector connected to vehicle wiring harness), intake and exaust not blocked then you have problem with timing or valves. Check camshafts gear wheel (compare to second camshaft) and valve system. I have the same symptom with only one valve lever damage. Compression was good and engine running on the start spray.The same symptom is when timing is wrong. If valve system will be ok check everything what effect timing.

bugarcek
15th March, 2014, 09:01 AM
Timing is ok (I checked the belt and vacum pump) Starting rpm is about 250-300 rpm (cluster and vida). The crankshaft and camshaft were changed... Egr is blended and pipe taken off now.... I will remove the engine head and check the valves...

chriskross
15th March, 2014, 10:15 AM
280 rpm should be minimum, i would try first a other starter.
When you spray in starter spray engine is cranking faster and so it runs.

When you already checked compression how much do you get?

adam12112
15th March, 2014, 11:55 AM
Timing is ok (I checked the belt and vacum pump) Starting rpm is about 250-300 rpm (cluster and vida). The crankshaft and camshaft were changed... Egr is blended and pipe taken off now.... I will remove the engine head and check the valves...
You do not need remove engine head only check valve lever, tappet etc. but you wrote changed camshaft so you should see any damage. You can do leakage test cylinders and you do not need cylinder head remove. Changed crankshaft and camshafts it is serious repair.Do you change also flywheel ? It can be reason wrong timing.

bugarcek
15th March, 2014, 02:54 PM
Sorry I wrote wrong, I changed cam and crank sensors... i will check the valves on monday.

bugarcek
17th March, 2014, 11:15 AM
I removed the injectors and I do not see any fuel... But Before the injector there is a fuel... So problem is not in the valves, etc...

bugarcek
19th March, 2014, 09:28 AM
284: ECM-639A Injector class not programmed. Configuration fault
http://localhost/Vida/Images/icon_back_dis.gif http://localhost/Vida/Images/icon_next_dis.gif

http://localhost/Vida/Images/button_arrow.gif Print

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information ECM-639A

Condition
The optimizing parameters must be programmed into the engine control module (ECM) to match the class on the injectors.

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) ECM-639A is stored if the parameters are not programmed.

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) ECM-639A can be diagnosed when the ignition is on.

Possible source

Optimizing parameters are not programmed.

Fault symptom[s]

None.

I get this error, and I can not change the injector class.

adam12112
19th March, 2014, 06:21 PM
Have you got VIDA? If can not programing with VIDA you have problem with ECM control unit. Try other ECM.

spokoluzik
30th March, 2014, 02:15 AM
i would start with software reload...