PDA

View Full Version : can you tranfer a channel

hedhunter
12th March, 2014, 02:47 PM
is it possable to tranfer a channel say fox hd, from one satellite provider eg hotbird in my statlist to sky uk .......i have ( in stat list ) all sat, hotbird,badr 456. and sky uk 28 a.....one channel works on one sat but not on another ...all i want to do is put the working channel over on to the other sat provider to replace non working one ......does this make sense ....confusing my self know :grey:

digicon
12th March, 2014, 03:59 PM
And exactly which satellite is your dish pointing to or do you have a Multi feed or perhaps 2 dishes one for astra2 and one for hotbird.

hedhunter
12th March, 2014, 08:17 PM
Pointing to e28 ......I have one dish . I did a sat search for hot bird an it found a load of channels . I saved them . Now if I press sat list button on remote it has . All channels . Hot bird and sky UK . When I done the new channel list Ajs..it was sky UK .when I looked in the menu at satt list option it had a long list of sattelites from astra 1c to. Amos etc . I took it that all these new satts came when I made the new update....I looked at the satt list for e28 and done a search .....,.,......don't know if it has any relation but I do have the skybox loop to a sky HD box ..hope this makes better since .....

I had originally 1 satt before the new channel download sky UK I deleated thease saved to USB
After new channel download its sky uk28a + a list of them other sattelites .....I just went to single channel scan picked badr 345 .blind scan then press search .....and all these channels came up . Then I did it again for hot bird .

P&D
12th March, 2014, 09:12 PM
All the sat's are included in Aj's list

do you have a fixed dish pointing at 28.2 ??
motorized dish ??
or a multi feed more than one LNB on the dish as digicon has asked

digicon
12th March, 2014, 09:43 PM
I think your getting a little confused you have one dish pointing towards 28.2? east which is Astra2 the home of all the $ly channels then all you need to do is load either AJ's or sattv5 channel list and leave well alone forget about what it says in the satellite menu about different positions your dish can only see one which is Astra2

hedhunter
13th March, 2014, 08:40 PM
OK doky then .I said I'm not a tec head lol ...OK and yes I have a fixed dish with 2 cables coming from dish . Origanly for sky HD box ...I'll leave it alone then . Before I f### it up ........its just that one or two HD channels don't want to work . Like 5 HD and f1 HD works in the morning but sometimes it don't work in the evening ..... can't figure out why .......I've done the search but no channel found ......anyway the non HD equivalent channel works fine . So it will do .its all a learning prossess .thanks for your patients fellas ......if you don't ask you Wouldn't learn init .......