PDA

View Full Version : Streaming

royboyz
12th March, 2014, 10:31 PM
Hi i have an ipad air 16gb i want to stream from my android s2 phone to the ipad when im away. Not on wifi just from phone.

I can setup a hotspot on my phone and connect my ipad to it. How can i stream videos to the ipad from my phone?

I have xbmc on ipad and upnplay & es file explorer on phone

johnboy1974
13th March, 2014, 12:26 PM
What you're trying to do I've never heard of it being possible before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fatbob46
13th March, 2014, 07:31 PM
I think that this is possible using Plex, ask on their forum, but you would need to buy the Plex app for both Android and IOS, or maybe just Android and use the Plexbmc add-on.

Shamonee
13th March, 2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the replies managed to get it working. Can now stream non WiFi to iPad from phone giving me an additional 32gb :0). Great for hols etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

johnboy1974
14th March, 2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the replies managed to get it working. Can now stream non WiFi to iPad from phone giving me an additional 32gb :0). Great for hols etc

Can you enlighten the forum members as to how you achieved this please?.

Shamonee
14th March, 2014, 07:45 PM
Can you enlighten the forum members as to how you achieved this please?.

After trying several different ones out and failing.

Download pixel DMS media server on android phone. Turn off WiFi and start hotspot on phone. open app and share folder (I'm using external SD) and press play button at bottom to activate.

On iPad download ArkMC Lite. Then disconnect WiFi and Connect iPad to phone via hotspot

Open App and you will see pixel server. Browse folder to your files and play/view

I only have 1 film @ mo on phone but tried and worked!

fatbob46
14th March, 2014, 08:41 PM
Works perfectly, and free too! Thanks a lot :top: