PDA

View Full Version : Channel list help please

hkphooey
14th March, 2014, 08:50 AM
Hi Guys

Right when i had previous issues with loss of signal i upgraded the firmware thinking it would be the issues well all channels have come back this morning... great BUT i no longer have my Fav's categories like in AJ's list its just favs 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc and not sure if the firmware upgrade has changed any other setting to effect the box as i got it all set up ready.

I have been looking through menu's but dont want to mess with stuff i dont know to much about, i did notice the backround had gone back to default ironman so i changed that to my modified picture so i am thinking there is other default resets that have happened.

Also which channel list is it i need now please is it Aj's F6 list???

Any help will be much appreciated.

pesto75
14th March, 2014, 09:05 AM
I think a firmware upgrade wipes personal settings clean, and restores the box to original Factory state, an onscreen warning to that effect usually appears before the upgrade. You have to reset your Fav categories & settings.

DW190
14th March, 2014, 09:24 AM
Hi Guys

Right when i had previous issues with loss of signal i upgraded the firmware thinking it would be the issues well all channels have come back this morning... great BUT i no longer have my Fav's categories like in AJ's list its just favs 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc and not sure if the firmware upgrade has changed any other setting to effect the box as i got it all set up ready.

I have been looking through menu's but dont want to mess with stuff i dont know to much about, i did notice the backround had gone back to default ironman so i changed that to my modified picture so i am thinking there is other default resets that have happened.

Also which channel list is it i need now please is it Aj's F6 list???

Any help will be much appreciated.

First of all save your personal stuff stored on the box.

To get the Fav names back you need to perform a factory reset without making any specific selections.

Menu
Tools
Factory Settings
Yes
Blue Button

You should now have the Fav names but need to check your DHCP and probably need to switch Subtitles Off.

Hadron
14th March, 2014, 12:22 PM
...Also which channel list is it i need now please is it Aj's F6 list???...

It depends which box you have.

If you have an F6 or X5 then you use the F6 list.

For any other box, use AJ's normal list.

hkphooey
14th March, 2014, 05:24 PM
Hi guys

Thanks for the reply, sorry so what do i have to save and how please???? So factory reset then add AJ's list would this then reset the favs??? this was all preset when i purchased the box just kept updating the list for channels and all was well.

Sorry for the noob questions.

Hk

digicon
14th March, 2014, 05:33 PM
Hi guys

Thanks for the reply, sorry so what do i have to save and how please???? So factory reset then add AJ's list would this then reset the favs??? this was all preset when i purchased the box just kept updating the list for channels and all was well.

Sorry for the noob questions.

Hk

Your question was answered here by DW190 just follow the instructions posted to get the Favourites back: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/channel-list-help-please-407386/#post2251726