PDA

View Full Version : Wii softmod for Dummies(without zelda)

akyboo
9th June, 2009, 10:30 AM
this soft mod uses the bannerbomb crack read the pdf file and follow the instructions and all should be fine. I have not tested this on version 4 but feedback would be welcome. Print out the pdf. file before you do anything read it twice and follow the instructions precisely step by step.
For those downloading the games use the Patcher to convert all the games burn at slow speed( i burn at 4x using nero) use verbatim - (not +)discs. This is for versions 3 wii's.Please do not use this thread for first post, the thread is to help those that need help and advice.
New members please read here first http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-please-read-before-posting-1129/
Please go HERE for the same file sorry for the inconvenience
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-softmod-dummies-without-zelda-reupload-56964/

Smokey85
9th June, 2009, 08:50 PM
Has anyone tried this with version 4

partyzone
14th June, 2009, 05:06 PM
hi thx
but when i get to wad batch installer says cios249 not found press a
i press a and get error (ret = -1035)

help thx

daz

tried and tried but cant run
any 1 got step by step with files?
thx

alexh
14th June, 2009, 09:28 PM
You haven't needed Zelda for a "long" time.

Bannerbomb is now the new tried and trusted technique.

Get the details on how to use it straight from the horses mouth:

Bannerbomb - WiiBrew (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb)

alexh
14th June, 2009, 09:33 PM
feedback would be welcome.
The guide doesn't discuss the most important discover for the Wii so far : USB Loader..

Connecting a USB hard drive and playing all games from there. No more burning discs. No more swapping discs.

It turns the Wii into the most amazing hacked console since XBOX1

partyzone
14th June, 2009, 10:40 PM
works fine, can i just attach hd to wii now i have banner bomb installed? or need other software? thx

akyboo
15th June, 2009, 01:28 PM
hi thx
but when i get to wad batch installer says cios249 not found press a
i press a and get error (ret = -1035)

help thx

daz

tried and tried but cant run
any 1 got step by step with files?
thx

Re format your card and try again new cards should be formatted just to be sure as well

KrakaJap
16th June, 2009, 12:10 AM
Is there any way to revert back after this softmod?

akyboo
16th June, 2009, 09:54 AM
works fine, can i just attach hd to wii now i have banner bomb installed? or need other software? thx

connect your hard drive to your wii use the iso dumper to load your games on the hard drive and no more scratched discs

akyboo
16th June, 2009, 09:56 AM
Is there any way to revert back after this softmod?

just go to data management and delete the channels

funkyduck79
16th June, 2009, 10:02 PM
Going try this tonight, will let you guys know what happens... Hope it doesn't brick.

karlosfandango
17th June, 2009, 10:34 PM
Re format your card and try again new cards should be formatted just to be sure as well

What size SD card are you useing. Only a 2gb is recommended

ceryus
18th June, 2009, 03:43 PM
thanks a lot akyboo! im just preppin to buy a wii and i wanted to see if i could unlock my wii to play backups etc instead of actually using a modchip since i dont want to mess with the hardware side..thanks again!

kr1664uk
19th June, 2009, 12:15 PM
will this work on version 2.3 or shall i update the wii

kr1664uk
19th June, 2009, 04:55 PM
will this work with version 4.0.i was on 2.3 but someone updated it earlier .but i cant get past the first bit where it kicks in the boot. bit it looks for 2 files and then says i have to restart even tho it not found what it want s and then its not working.thanks

hopper28
19th June, 2009, 05:09 PM
I use USB loader GX great program also once you leave in the SD card it was download the covers from the net, and add them for you. BTW a great WBFS manager (WUYOU) allows you to drive to drive copy and also extract to WBF to you laptop for storing (small file sizes)

osborne82
21st June, 2009, 09:44 AM
ok am i right in thinking if i follow this guide to a t ill be able to also install preloader 29 after and all will still work ok ? tis not for my wii as ive a argon installed, but gunna do my sisters wii at one point and need to make sure 100% lol

cheers

osborne82

pjtaff
21st June, 2009, 05:36 PM
installed this on a couple of wii's now all good thanks for the upload,
only prob i have is some games when i put them in i get a green screen come up and then cant do nothing but turn off the wii
any idea's anyone
tried a few thing but no luck one of the games that dont work is
my sims racing

akyboo
21st June, 2009, 11:06 PM
ok am i right in thinking if i follow this guide to a t ill be able to also install preloader 29 after and all will still work ok ? tis not for my wii as ive a argon installed, but gunna do my sisters wii at one point and need to make sure 100% lol

cheers

osborne82

it install homebrew channel and wii back up launcher and other gamecube stuff

akyboo
21st June, 2009, 11:07 PM
installed this on a couple of wii's now all good thanks for the upload,
only prob i have is some games when i put them in i get a green screen come up and then cant do nothing but turn off the wii
any idea's anyone
tried a few thing but no luck one of the games that dont work is
my sims racing

had the same prob with the same game what discs are you burning with and what speed and what burning software

pjtaff
21st June, 2009, 11:22 PM
had the same prob with the same game what discs are you burning with and what speed and what burning software
hi yes using imgburn burnt 4 discs on various speeds from 2x up to 4x also using verbatim dvd+r
also tried using wii brick blocker and the converter wii patch
but to be honest im just stabing in the dark only just started burning and modding so dont know a great deal so any help great

akyboo
22nd June, 2009, 11:29 AM
hi yes using imgburn burnt 4 discs on various speeds from 2x up to 4x also using verbatim dvd+r
also tried using wii brick blocker and the converter wii patch
but to be honest im just stabing in the dark only just started burning and modding so dont know a great deal so any help great

use verbatim minus discs i just use the converter and burn with nero at x4 speed imgburn will do the job just as good

pjtaff
22nd June, 2009, 05:46 PM
use verbatim minus discs i just use the converter and burn with nero at x4 speed imgburn will do the job just as good
don'tthink i can use the minus discs my rw only reads plus unless im being thick and its just changing i setting on my computer so i can burn with ether also when ever i try to use nero it tells me there's not enough rome on the disc? oh im confussed now:hmmmm2:

akyboo
23rd June, 2009, 09:23 AM
don'tthink i can use the minus discs my rw only reads plus unless im being thick and its just changing i setting on my computer so i can burn with ether also when ever i try to use nero it tells me there's not enough rome on the disc? oh im confussed now:hmmmm2:

try the minus discs nothing ventured nothing gained

moregeld
24th June, 2009, 09:59 AM
Hey guys,
When installing the batch file I get the following msg...

Installing IOS16, please wait...
>> Installing title... Error! (ret = -1035)
Please any button to restart.

After hitting any button, system reboots back into main menu screen.

Current Wii Firmware - 4.0E.

Any suggestions ?

akyboo
24th June, 2009, 08:38 PM
bare with me for another few days while i gather all the files for V4 soft mod and i will upload them then with a tut

moregeld
25th June, 2009, 07:36 AM
Alright!!
After some time spent on it - I have formatted my Wii. Restore back to a factory 4.0E session. Then, successfully I downgraded back to version 3.3E

After that was all done, mind you it was a pain! I then installed the HBC, ran some other installation files, and then installed this mod without a glitch - Just finished playing The House of the Dead. Bloody coool :)

BelgianBun0304
25th June, 2009, 12:04 PM
Alright!!
After some time spent on it - I have formatted my Wii. Restore back to a factory 4.0E session. Then, successfully I downgraded back to version 3.3E

After that was all done, mind you it was a pain! I then installed the HBC, ran some other installation files, and then installed this mod without a glitch - Just finished playing The House of the Dead. Bloody coool :)

Hey Moregeld,

I seem to be having the same problem. Yumraaj kindly provided with with a workaround (See permalink/post # 243 in "Wii USB HD Loader" topic), but when installing the Wad Manager I get the same error.

Can you maybe put some together like Yumraaj (ie. a copy of your SD card contents & steps to execute)?

That would be much appreciated! :tee:

shutupdave
25th June, 2009, 06:03 PM
to play from USB do the games just have to be an ISO?

akyboo
27th June, 2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/v4-wii-softmod-without-zelda-42940/

jack93w
27th June, 2009, 04:33 PM
i tried to do this on an other tutorial and it didnt work but il try this one fingers crossed

oleq83
28th June, 2009, 08:35 PM
Does this mean that I can hack my wii for free?

spideyogie
29th June, 2009, 06:26 AM
yup, at the very least you dont have to buy modchip to play backup games

iloveclear
29th June, 2009, 08:21 AM
does this work on all wiis

cowgalm
29th June, 2009, 03:09 PM
works fine
this soft mod uses the bannerbomb crack read the pdf file and follow the instructions and all should be fine. I have not tested this on version 4 but feedback would be welcome. Print out the pdf. file before you do anything read it twice and follow the instructions precisely step by step.

moregeld
29th June, 2009, 04:52 PM
Hey Moregeld,

I seem to be having the same problem. Yumraaj kindly provided with with a workaround (See permalink/post # 243 in "Wii USB HD Loader" topic), but when installing the Wad Manager I get the same error.

Can you maybe put some together like Yumraaj (ie. a copy of your SD card contents & steps to execute)?

That would be much appreciated! :tee:

Hey,
If you PM Lercetia, he might be able to prepare one for you.
He did the same to me.
I have removed all the files of the memory stick - and placed them somewhere on the PC - Or I can PM you with the websites that I got the files from.

Quote, it was a risky job without bricking the Wii. But I was in luck that never happend.

Let me know,
MG

pjtaff
29th June, 2009, 07:34 PM
has anyone managed to get a disc loader that will play the new games my sims racing for one,
and if you know of one that will load this game on dvd not usb
1. what is it
2. how do you load it on to your wii
3. im an idiot so please someone give me step by step instructions
4. im an idiot

many thanks

oscarjohnboy
1st July, 2009, 10:59 AM
i keep getting error ret=-1035 could you help me out with this please thanks oscarjohnboy

Seasider
2nd July, 2009, 11:03 PM
Can I do this even though I have DC2 9Pro installed ??:hmmmm2:

Seasider
3rd July, 2009, 07:47 AM
OK, took the plunge and went for it....So easy and so brilliant. All worked first time. Now I can look at Usb Loader:congrats:

CraigyRFC
3rd July, 2009, 11:30 AM
Orite mate cheers for this although I can't download it as it's not letting me, think it is just due to me being new so I will try later.

Edit: Letting me now, think I just needed to post first.

Also just one question...

Do you need to keep the SD card in the wii once you have installed everything etc.?

akyboo
4th July, 2009, 09:25 AM
Orite mate cheers for this although I can't download it as it's not letting me, think it is just due to me being new so I will try later.

Edit: Letting me now, think I just needed to post first.

Also just one question...

Do you need to keep the SD card in the wii once you have installed everything etc.?

No just install whats on the card remove the card when your done then

badboy247
4th July, 2009, 05:49 PM
I have a major problem. Everything installed fine onto my wii, but when trying to play an iso that i have burnt onto dvd+using imgburn it will just not load using the disc loader channel or the loader that i have downloaded on the homebrew channel. Just a blank black screen. really winding me up any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

diehammer
5th July, 2009, 04:54 PM
excellent tried it yesterday was just thinking about buying a drivekey so thats ?30 saved straight away.

update only takes 10 mins and is very simple :rangers:

benellie
5th July, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hi new to this forum as my dad told me about this soft modding though i need to try that so lets see how i get on

ianmac
5th July, 2009, 08:54 PM
Will this work on version 3.1E?

as I followed the instructions and when you need to run the Homebrew channel for the first time, it will not load and goes back to the main screen.

Am I missing something, do I need to use a twilight hack or anything else...

Thanx
Ian

Seasider
5th July, 2009, 10:02 PM
does this actually work?

Like a charm mate......this is just the biz and not too difficult to do either. Just make sure you follow the steps in the PDF file that is part of the download at the begining of this thread and you won't go far wrong

synsa
6th July, 2009, 11:23 AM
Got the homebrew channel working, amongst quite a few other mods but USB loader and cIOS not working on mine...v4.0e

blythey99
6th July, 2009, 10:18 PM
Im so glad that this post is on i have been thinking about adding the homebrew channel for a while, so i eventually got around to it tonight. now i just need to figure out how to get some games.

thanks

mickydibble
7th July, 2009, 11:10 PM
:vroam::vroam:
Will this work on version 3.1E?

as I followed the instructions and when you need to run the Homebrew channel for the first time, it will not load and goes back to the main screen.

Am I missing something, do I need to use a twilight hack or anything else...

Thanx
Ian

twilight h@ck works on firmware upto 3.4,mine is on twilight now, just looking for 4.0 for my mother in law booooo,however you could deffo use the twilight h@ck maybe this is just for higher firmwares like 4.0e not sure yet :)

Mitolo
8th July, 2009, 01:19 AM
hell with the file your avitar got me going craZZZZZZZY :bootyshake:

ianmac
11th July, 2009, 11:07 PM
:vroam::vroam:

twilight h@ck works on firmware upto 3.4,mine is on twilight now, just looking for 4.0 for my mother in law booooo,however you could deffo use the twilight h@ck maybe this is just for higher firmwares like 4.0e not sure yet :)

Thanx for replying Micky,
I have just managed to get it working, but not with these files, as they just installed ok, but when you run them the screen went black and took me back to the home screen..
I had to find an ealier version of Bannerbomb, just to install the Homebrew, then install "backup launcher 0.3 gamma" to run the backups.

Thanx m8 :-)

eyeballs
13th July, 2009, 10:44 AM
I have the twilight hack running on the little lads wii version 3.3 I think. can I uninstall this and install the bannerbomb?
He has a spindle full of games at the moment but some are getting scratched, this would be ideal if I could connect a hard drive.

Greenstreet
13th July, 2009, 07:33 PM
Will try this on version 4e hopefully wont get any probs

Greenstreet
13th July, 2009, 11:42 PM
Hey guys,
When installing the batch file I get the following msg...

Current Wii Firmware - 4.0E.

Any suggestions ?

Well tried installing the wad and also come to this error im running version 4.E any news on a fix for this guys:hmmmm2:

frankzeewolde
20th July, 2009, 04:38 PM
I'm quite new here and want to download the file but it won't work. Any ideas?

Bulld0g
20th July, 2009, 04:41 PM
Yea, you could start with reading your welcome email when you joined. You need to make a post ( which you have just done ) and wait about 15 mins or so for the server to update, then you can download. Welcome to the forums and i hope you stick around :)

gazz10
20th July, 2009, 04:41 PM
I'm quite new here and want to download the file but it won't work. Any ideas?

you wont be able to download till the server updates, can take up till twenty minutes from ur last post.

father ted
20th July, 2009, 04:50 PM
ok i have i pic installed can i take out the chip and do this?do i need to unsolder all inside?what ??? does it have to be one thats not been chipped?

ianmac
20th July, 2009, 10:56 PM
ok i have i pic installed can i take out the chip and do this?do i need to unsolder all inside?what ??? does it have to be one thats not been chipped?

Hi Father Ted,
I have a wiikey chip installed and started to get a few probs with it, so did this softmod and it works great without taking the chip out, hope this helps you m8...

Odder
21st July, 2009, 06:59 AM

Current Wii Firmware - 4.1E.

What can I do ?

I did install hombrew by other means but cannot run somthing called

cios36 and cMIOS so I do not know what other things I can do?

jammydav93
24th July, 2009, 12:47 PM
are you sure this will work with 4.0e?

and will it allow me to play backed up WII games and to watch DVDs on my console?

and will it also let me run games through a USB HDD?

Ruggerplumber
26th July, 2009, 03:40 PM
For those downloading the games use the Patcher to convert all the games burn at slow speed( i burn at 4x using nero) use verbatim - (not +)discs

How do I know what version my Sons Wii is????

Geordie_Ollie
27th July, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Guys.
I'm a new member and just read this thread which right up my street. I have previously tried to soft mod my Wii but when I ran the install.bat file which "supposedly" copies the blocks onto the SD card and loads it up automatically when the card is inserted nothin happened?
Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

Geordie_Ollie
27th July, 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys.
I'm a new member and just read this thread which right up my street. I have previously tried to soft mod my Wii but when I ran the install.bat file which "supposedly" copies the blocks onto the SD card and loads it up automatically when the card is inserted nothin happened?
Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

Just to give you an update, I have tried the .rar attachement in this thread and it still does nothing? I'm using v 3.4e.
When I run the Install file and it asks new/old, I enter old. When it asks do i want to format, I put yes. and obviously the correct drive where my SD card is. It's a 1gb card. The install file looks like it does something but then stops quite quickly. I then go to my Wii and load up the SD card channel. It says I have 7000+ blocks open (so something is definately there!)...but nothing.
Thanks in anticipation guys.

theyel2001
27th July, 2009, 05:41 PM

Hi can anyone help with this please ????????????????

CALS
27th July, 2009, 11:00 PM
Im going to try using these files tonight!

akyboo
28th July, 2009, 10:05 AM

Hi can anyone help with this please ????????????????

akyboo
28th July, 2009, 10:09 AM
Just to give you an update, I have tried the .rar attachement in this thread and it still does nothing? I'm using v 3.4e.
When I run the Install file and it asks new/old, I enter old. When it asks do i want to format, I put yes. and obviously the correct drive where my SD card is. It's a 1gb card. The install file looks like it does something but then stops quite quickly. I then go to my Wii and load up the SD card channel. It says I have 7000+ blocks open (so something is definately there!)...but nothing.

nothing should be copied to your sd card these files install bannerbomb crack hb channel, backup launcher etc. etc. 2gb card is recommended for this install delete channels that you have installed and retry again format new cards as well

akyboo
28th July, 2009, 10:10 AM
How do I know what version my Sons Wii is????

wii settings the version is in the top right corner

Ruggerplumber
29th July, 2009, 12:45 AM
wii settings the version is in the top right corner

Cheers Mate, Glad someone answered, thought I was invisible for a while there
:heeeelllllooooo:

selfexplanatory
31st July, 2009, 05:28 PM
thanks im going to give it a try.

hopefully someone can help me if i run into any errors.

cheers

akyboo
31st July, 2009, 10:07 PM
thanks im going to give it a try.

hopefully someone can help me if i run into any errors.

cheers

check your wii version first files for version 3 and 4 are in different threads

akyboo
31st July, 2009, 10:15 PM

Did you sort your problem if not read the pdf file to see what errors you are making or post back

JabberwockySupafly
1st August, 2009, 08:15 AM
just wanted to say thanks for the easy to understand guide. Gonna give this a shot ASAP!

richmikaiko
1st August, 2009, 11:40 AM
hi ive been googling around and finally i end up on this wonderful and easy to follow site and very helpful and friendly people..
more power to the site and definitely will try this one up
cheers

leosaur
6th August, 2009, 01:32 AM
My games don't seem to play properly, by any chance would you know why?

glazza
9th August, 2009, 11:36 PM
Hi mate i manged to succesfully softmod the wii and all is fine the only thing nagging me know mate is i have no bootmii or preloader installed and i want to make a backup of my nand so was wandering if you could help me out in what to do..cant install bootmii as boot 2 i remember it saying when softmodding the wii in the options where you install bootmii hbc ect,so is preloader the way to go and what else can i install to stop the wii from looking at my discs for updates.

Its this guide here mate is what i used to softmod the wii and im useing neogammer 6 to load backup games but any help be most aprecited .

NEW AND IMPROVED WII SOFTMOD GUIDE ! (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505)

G.

bomaderry
10th August, 2009, 02:39 AM
Does this work on all wiis?

ManofScience
10th August, 2009, 10:30 AM
Does this work on all wiis?

this is for version 3 Wii's, there's a different tutorial for v4's

ManofScience
10th August, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hi mate i manged to succesfully softmod the wii and all is fine the only thing nagging me know mate is i have no bootmii or preloader installed and i want to make a backup of my nand so was wandering if you could help me out in what to do..cant install bootmii as boot 2 i remember it saying when softmodding the wii in the options where you install bootmii hbc ect,so is preloader the way to go and what else can i install to stop the wii from looking at my discs for updates.

Its this guide here mate is what i used to softmod the wii and im useing neogammer 6 to load backup games but any help be most aprecited .

NEW AND IMPROVED WII SOFTMOD GUIDE ! (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505)

G.

Apparently, there's no point putting bootmii in an IOS - it has to be boot2 otherwise you can't restore any nand backup you make. preloader is your best bet

glazza
10th August, 2009, 10:49 AM
Thank you ManOfScience for your speedy reply its most aprecited.

When you say preloader is my best bet is it just a case of putting the prelodaer onto my sd card and installing it via HBC channel?

cockneygooner
12th August, 2009, 10:23 AM
Hi, first post so please be gentle..

I followed all the instructions but when i put my sd card in the wii it just showed empty blocks, any idea what i'm doing wrong ?

I am on version 4.e

I apologise in advance for being a numpty but have never attempted anything like this before :stupido:

akyboo
12th August, 2009, 10:01 PM
Hi, first post so please be gentle..

I followed all the instructions but when i put my sd card in the wii it just showed empty blocks, any idea what i'm doing wrong ?

I am on version 4.e

I apologise in advance for being a numpty but have never attempted anything like this before :stupido:

this thread is for versions 3 so use this
this is for versions 4

Jasin34
17th August, 2009, 10:57 PM
Guess I have to post to download the attachment

caveman_nige
17th August, 2009, 11:03 PM
you are required to make at least one good 'worthwhile' post in the forum and your download access will then be updated... why not make a nice introduction post in the intro section....

eyeballs
18th August, 2009, 11:36 AM
I've been reading the posts here, quite helpful. As I posted before I have the twilight hack running on the lads wii ( Ver 3.3)
I was going to remove the hack and load Bannerbomb but was wondering as I already have the HB channel installed could I just install the usb loader to play games from the external hard drive, sounds logical to me but excuse me as I'm not an expert on this. Let me know what you think or if anyone has already done this.
Thanks keep up the great work.

conorr51
18th August, 2009, 02:15 PM
Hi there, cant seem to load anything from the sd card. Everytime I click on the sd card it begings to load then it freezes. Have tried 4 different cards all sandisk or kingston and have been reading through all these guides for an age but still have found no solution to my problem!!! any ideas?

conorr51
18th August, 2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry, just fixed that problem myself. Now I seem to be running into the same problem as some others. Im getting error code ret= -1035 now when i try to install it. Any solutions to this problem yet?

akyboo
18th August, 2009, 09:17 PM
I've been reading the posts here, quite helpful. As I posted before I have the twilight hack running on the lads wii ( Ver 3.3)
I was going to remove the hack and load Bannerbomb but was wondering as I already have the HB channel installed could I just install the usb loader to play games from the external hard drive, sounds logical to me but excuse me as I'm not an expert on this. Let me know what you think or if anyone has already done this.
Thanks keep up the great work.

if your current hack works leave it and go to here
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-usb-hd-loader-34586/

akyboo
18th August, 2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry, just fixed that problem myself. Now I seem to be running into the same problem as some others. Im getting error code ret= -1035 now when i try to install it. Any solutions to this problem yet?

what version wii have you

jeffporfirio
20th August, 2009, 05:40 PM
Thank you.
Have 2 wiis (dont ask why, please). One with 4.0, which I successfully softmodded one with 3.4U, which I will try this softmod on.

For those with 002 error, disable wiiconnect, and make sure you scrubb the DVDs before you burn them, Google "Error 002 Fix", and download files, its fairly simple to do.

thumbandit
21st August, 2009, 11:14 PM
I have followed the instructions but backups wont load ;( i can run homebrew from the homebrew loader like duck hunt and quake but backups just goto a blank screen :(

How can i remove the softmod completely and start again ?

dinmon
22nd August, 2009, 11:27 PM
Thank you, I have 4.0 and works very well.

jambojackstar
23rd August, 2009, 08:19 PM
you are required to make at least one good 'worthwhile' post in the forum and your download access will then be updated... why not make a nice introduction post in the intro section....

It is about knowing the answer it is knowing were to find the answer!

jfish
24th August, 2009, 10:00 AM
can I run this softmod on the 4.1 firmware, the ones I have done have all been on the 3.x firmware and never done it on the 4.1.

akyboo
24th August, 2009, 10:56 AM
can I run this softmod on the 4.1 firmware, the ones I have done have all been on the 3.x firmware and never done it on the 4.1.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/v4-wii-softmod-without-zelda-42940/ this is for versions 4

galey2402
25th August, 2009, 11:04 AM
is it possible to go over the zelda hack with this version?

jesusist
27th August, 2009, 06:29 PM
i will try it on version 4.1E

ManofScience
27th August, 2009, 06:34 PM
i will try it on version 4.1E

if u took time to look in the forum, you'd see the v4 version.

caveman_nige
27th August, 2009, 10:06 PM
Do not make thanks posts in this forum... if you are new to forums the please take time to read this... http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/new-forums-how-make-your-first-post-couple-other-helpful-tips-30279/

Thanks posts will be deleted...

To say thanks use the 'thanks' button of the person who has helped you...

Ivanhoe131
29th August, 2009, 09:47 AM
I have a wii system v3.4 - will bannerbomb work with this version or do i need to upgrade to v4?
If so, how do i do this and is is straightforward?
Appreciate any views / help on this
Many thanks :)

Ivanhoe131
29th August, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hi. Trying to download the 'wii dummies.rar' file which shows me how to mod my Wii but it won't let me :(
Does anyone know how i can get this file please?
thanks

akyboo
29th August, 2009, 03:37 PM
I have a wii system v3.4 - will bannerbomb work with this version or do i need to upgrade to v4?
If so, how do i do this and is is straightforward?
Appreciate any views / help on this
Many thanks :)

download it read the pdf file you'll be surprised how easy this mod is. It only takes a few minutes to do this mod

jimifloyd
31st August, 2009, 12:53 AM
i dont understand 4a of this pdf. extract some file but not sure where it is?

DarkLoki
31st August, 2009, 03:32 AM
I can't seem to download the file, says i don't have the right permissions

fesmeister
31st August, 2009, 09:21 PM
I can't seem to download the file, says i don't have the right permissions

+ 1. i think we need some sort of 'rep' or something like that before we are allowed to download. can someone help us out here? thanks

Dreamer
31st August, 2009, 09:24 PM
+ 1. i think we need some sort of 'rep' or something like that before we are allowed to download. can someone help us out here? thanks

click this and read please

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-please-read-before-posting-1129/

akyboo
31st August, 2009, 09:58 PM
i dont understand 4a of this pdf. extract some file but not sure where it is?

Post #1 attached files

akyboo
31st August, 2009, 10:00 PM
click this and read please

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-please-read-before-posting-1129/

Edited my first post and included that link

shaggy2629
3rd September, 2009, 11:10 AM
How can i get the shop channel working without updating my system. it's currently on 3.3e with softmod

The Beast
3rd September, 2009, 12:50 PM
I just followed the tut and it worked without any problems at all, V3.3e

Thanks to the OP for putting this together:top:

One question though, do I have to keep the sd card in the wii to access the womebrew browser or is there another way.

Thanks, The Beast.

Bob12345
3rd September, 2009, 02:09 PM
Gonna try this now :)
Glad someone has put up an actual guide all i can seem to find is scams!

Ayub
4th September, 2009, 12:45 AM
Ive tried to run a backup burnt in different media, including verbatim. But got error 1101 on Neogamma R7 and error 972 on Neogamma R6.

Modding the Wii with LU39 was a pain, but done at last, If I run the game images from the Mount, the'll work fine, the issue is when trying to run a backup disc. PLease Help.

:argh:

evilminion23
5th September, 2009, 10:33 PM
Wii System Menu 449 (v28 USA) will not work pls help

jodie114
6th September, 2009, 08:51 PM
Just brought my first wii, version 3,4e, sn: leh259.
i am a complete novice, but have worked out how to do nds m3 cards etc... is the general version 3 pdf ok, and is this easy?
thanks
jodie

nenene
9th September, 2009, 06:07 PM
when i tried this and put a disk in the screen just turned green i am using 4e

nenene
9th September, 2009, 07:27 PM
tried this but tv screen goes green and the wii freeze

ilovewiigames
11th September, 2009, 06:31 PM
great job dude! u rocks!

For those downloading the games use the Patcher to convert all the games burn at slow speed( i burn at 4x using nero) use verbatim - (not +)discs. This is for versions 3 wii's.Please do not use this thread for first post, the thread is to help those that need help and advice.
New members please read here first http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-please-read-before-posting-1129/

mightywell
11th September, 2009, 06:55 PM
This works a treat , i done mine and 3 others without any problems.............:wink:

dragon92
18th September, 2009, 04:24 AM
As I tried to softmod wii with LU 39 serial number. Does anyone have a method to go to the second step for installing cios249 and homebrew? Thanks.

tonyajs
18th September, 2009, 04:02 PM
im new to this but can i softmod my wii which has no mods and is ver 4.1E or do i need some sort of hardware

MajickMike
20th September, 2009, 11:48 PM
I really hope this works, can't really find a definite answer on here as to if it works on a newly updated Wii or not...

switch299
21st September, 2009, 02:41 PM
what size sd card do i need before i start ?

ianmac
21st September, 2009, 07:03 PM
what size sd card do i need before i start ?

I have only got an old 256mb card, and it work great...

Hope this helps.:)

Magnusdragon
22nd September, 2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for this and all the hard work that has gone into it...
Looking forward to attempting this..

dedalos
24th September, 2009, 08:24 PM
i'm newbie but i'll dare it
hope that i'll not brick it
cong for grate work

nickos84
1st October, 2009, 04:34 PM
hello all,

with this mod will i but able to easily use the usb loader. my wii is 3.3e . it just seems so hard to find info without one saying this about the other confused!!

im a noob so please be gentle had a wii before i was skint and had soft modded with softmii v2 , alots happened in this time !!!!!!

wythielad
3rd October, 2009, 05:14 PM
big thanks to akyboo for this i just done my wii 3.4 and it works a treat

alex18_smooth
3rd October, 2009, 05:57 PM
I am going to try this for the first time.. hope this works... fingers crossed.. will post if it works.. i really like the idea of using hard disk to play instead of burning.. will give it a go if successful in this...

alex18_smooth
3rd October, 2009, 06:00 PM
I am not sure about others.. but being a dummy on mods.. i had a difficult time finding my wii version... as googling it gave me lots of confusing / complicated things...

Here is an extract from wiki answers.. might be useful to someone

From the wii menu, go to wii options (down left corner), then go to wii settings (the right option).

Now, on the upper right corner, you will see a number, this is the version of your wii.

supper70
6th October, 2009, 03:22 PM
Just curious...what is the "Iso Dumper" program that comes with the BannerBomb used for?

pjtaff
6th October, 2009, 07:21 PM
Just curious...what is the "Iso Dumper" program that comes with the BannerBomb used for?
the iso dumper alows you to copy a game from your wii and onto your computer for burning but your wii must be connected to the internet

kurpter
2nd November, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hi, my wii came with the softmod already done on it,

When i have gone to play some 'new' game it wants me to do a system update.

Is there a set of files i can put on my SD card to stop this. my system is on 3.4E

dogtoffee
3rd November, 2009, 09:21 AM
Using wiiscrubber you can remove updates, I took the nintendo update to 4.2 then re hacked it, most are working now

oscarjohnboy
3rd November, 2009, 09:24 AM
Using wiiscrubber you can remove updates, I took the nintendo update to 4.2 then re hacked it, most are working now

i upgraded my wii to 4.2 never again so i downgraded to 3.2 everything works fine again

dannyboy
5th November, 2009, 09:54 PM
i tryed to put this program on my wii thats on ver 3.3 and the wii dident find the sd card any one got any ideas how i can get it installed or point me in the right direction cheers danny

badboyuk
10th November, 2009, 03:49 PM
this forum is a load of ~~~in bullshitt! signed up an cant dwnload anything? ****in pathetic! u can ban or remove me, dont give a ~~~ an cnt be assed bein a member, im a member of other forums that are much better than this ****in pish!

laterz digital kaos u ****ers!

dds123
10th November, 2009, 07:35 PM
thank you so much so much garbage on internet im so happy someone out there does it well thank you

ryecell
10th November, 2009, 09:35 PM
where can i get softmod files for 3.4 without zelza carnt get them from here for some reason thanks in advance

kakamanna
13th November, 2009, 09:47 PM
I have bought my Wii recently and the firmware version it's running is 3.4e. Does this bannerbomb work okay with firmware 3.4e, Don't know if E is a newer version of firmware (even though 4.2 is a market)

The other thing I liketo mention is that 2d SD card is the pre-request or higher disk space can work? Does SDHC are okay to use?

This site is awesome and use for any information anyone need

GiggsysLeftFoot
15th November, 2009, 10:21 AM
hi, does this work on 4.2E? If not how do i downgrade firmware?

kill3rvill
17th November, 2009, 11:17 AM
does this allow you to play normal games in the usual manner still i have heard some stories to say you cant play them via the normal channels

badbrad
18th November, 2009, 09:30 PM
hey guys, im going to load on to my wii, its 3.3e which im assuming it works on. will i need to put brickblocker on too???

im afraid of updates on games which could brick the wii or am i worrying over nothing?

cheers guys

pikey367
22nd November, 2009, 02:42 PM
im a total noob at this, if i download this, will it work for any wii to allow me to play "backup" games?

vidville
30th November, 2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry if I missed something but does the softmod for dummies fully install on an unmodified wii without using the twilight hack? ie. after installing onto sd card & following the instructions will it be softmodded? don't I need to do anything else. The reason I ask is I was going to post an sd card with software to someone & talk them through the process on the phone.

weiwei95105
1st December, 2009, 04:52 AM
i have a wii 4.20u does it work on that?

zxczxc
14th December, 2009, 02:19 PM
hi sorry for stupid question does wii need to be coneccted to internet? thanks

dexex
20th December, 2009, 12:32 PM
can I use hcsd or only sd

You can use SDHC if the firmware is newer then 4.0.

And thanks for this info...

aznthang
27th December, 2009, 11:57 PM
new to this.. Got couple of questions:
1 -can i use any sd card?
2 -I have 4gb sd card, will this work format to FAT?
3 - tried to read from wii, but it is stating that it cannot read from card?

aznthang
28th December, 2009, 01:04 AM
sorry group. got another card and got the SD to work. But on part 2, where it state "
Press the "HOME" button on the Wii controller and choose BootMii", I do not see the BootMii option.... Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

dablondi
28th December, 2009, 02:48 AM
I did softmod for 4.0 a while back and all worked fine. At the time I did the mod, cIOS was at ver 7.0. I have BootMii installed as BOOT2 and although all the HB is working just perfect I can no longer use the latest versions of Nintendo, Shopping or latest Internet channels cos since I modded they all now require a system update before they can be used. Couple of questions:

1. With BootMii on BOOT2 can I go ahead and do the update to 4.2 via Nintendo then run the Wii via BootMii to reload HBC and my backup launcher (NEOGamma v15b)?

2. Assuming i can update to 4.2. NEOGamma is also telling me I need to update cIOS. Do I just get the latest version of cIOS and load via WAD manager?

christoff.92
28th December, 2009, 04:17 PM
Will this also work on the newer black wii?

texnza
28th December, 2009, 07:18 PM
at last a tutorial!!!
big up!!

Curious123
29th December, 2009, 12:17 PM
Gonna try this tonight. I can get Homebrew channel on and everything, just stuffed trying to play an iso of a downloaded game. Any help? i,ve tried with neogamma, screen just goes blank!

I have followed the tutorial etc but I just get a green screen when I try and play a the Super Mario Bros.iso backup game which I have copied to a dvd with Nero. What am I doing wrong?

thered
29th December, 2009, 12:21 PM
I have followed the tutorial etc but I just get a green screen when I try and play a the Super Mario Bros.iso backup game which I have copied to a dvd with Nero. What am I doing wrong?

i havent got it working yet i think you need to copy a patched dol file to the sd card which then makes the wii think its ok to play or i think it plays through a hdd if you load it on there with usb loader. i cant confirm at the minute cos the kids have took it home i tried the supposedly working iso file on here to a dvd but it didnt work for me when i tried on the wii

this is the patched dol file that supposed to make it work but its untested at the minute by me

http://lix.in/-6edc58

psoares27
29th December, 2009, 01:53 PM
is this going to work on the newest WII?s, like the ones bought on december 2009?

lonewolf37uk
29th December, 2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks for a great tutorial, can't wait til I try it

kka
29th December, 2009, 02:42 PM
will try this on my wii later tonight...or if there is technical supervision around..

nrsoftware
29th December, 2009, 04:00 PM
after that i give feed back.:manusign:

ronnoco32
29th December, 2009, 09:56 PM
is there any chance that this method could brick my wii?

jmaxwell111
29th December, 2009, 10:11 PM
thanks a lot akyboo! im just preppin to buy a wii and i wanted to see if i could unlock my wii to play backups etc instead of actually using a modchip since i dont want to mess with the hardware side..thanks again!
im going to give this a go done my 360 now for my wii

zz9zzzalpha
30th December, 2009, 11:29 AM
the bat file doesn't write any files to the SD card, I've checked the SD card and I can write data to it so its not the card......HELP

perfectman
30th December, 2009, 12:07 PM
Thank You for sharing

razrslash
31st December, 2009, 12:42 AM
Just got myself a Wii, and the guide for dummies sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the post.

frozzers
31st December, 2009, 10:48 AM
And thanks from me too!

bloodturf
31st December, 2009, 01:09 PM
merci bcp pour le tuto

lalcan54
1st January, 2010, 08:35 AM
thanks a lot

DukeRaven
1st January, 2010, 10:57 AM
Nice Post If It Works :) so ty for sharing it

soggy
1st January, 2010, 02:26 PM
im just posting so i can download

paul05
3rd January, 2010, 07:09 AM
hey guys new to this and just got a wii and looking to soft mod it, thanks for the help

saf17
3rd January, 2010, 09:52 AM
0.o Trying this in the wee hours of the morning wish me luck.

tiltontrev
3rd January, 2010, 02:23 PM
I tried it a couple of days ago, got the card and the Wii done *successfully* but am still waiting for a game to download, the bloody torrents seem to take ages to come down. I can usually expect to download 4g in about three or four hours easy.

BoyOne
3rd January, 2010, 03:48 PM
To bad the 4.2e doesn't work with this mod.. :( It won't install/kopy it to the wii

rockseller
4th January, 2010, 08:33 AM
thanks, now i need to wait 15 minutes oh jeees

parxuk
4th January, 2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks from me to

jennoian
5th January, 2010, 06:46 PM
yer that good

ravisher
7th January, 2010, 01:59 PM
for version 4.0E need to do something else???

i try softmod but wii i format SD FAT16 ... i copy files ..but wii cant see files in SD card...

ralexey
7th January, 2010, 05:23 PM
Hi... your SD must be formated in FAT 32. And you should use a 2GB SD memory card do not use a SDHC in order to instal HBC and Bootwii.

Elbophoto
8th January, 2010, 05:16 PM
Found this thread very helpful, the PDF also. You guys are stars :)

Thank you!

Jonniberry
8th January, 2010, 05:23 PM
looking forward to trying this

shellreaper90
9th January, 2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks a ton!
Worked 100%

Rob1370
9th January, 2010, 11:38 AM
Hi, I am new to this has any body tried the soft mod without the zelda disk

gimzie
11th January, 2010, 05:59 PM
Awesome thanx worked on 3.3 e no problem, nice guide.

absolut
11th January, 2010, 07:42 PM
thank you i have 2 to get mod !!!!

suraj_ss24
12th January, 2010, 02:58 PM
does it work on versoin 4.2e???

pkesur
12th January, 2010, 05:59 PM
hi guys... gonna give this a go - fingers crossed

mackenzie121
12th January, 2010, 06:05 PM
need help with modding my wii,its 4.1e version,pls help all

monkeypoint
14th January, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hi,
I just got a 3.4 WII and installed successfully Homebrew Channel with Bannerbomb.
Now I've tried to install cIOS by downgrading IOS15 then back again. Finally I have installed neogamma channel, but not able to launch backup DVDs.
I'm still looking for good tuto in this forum.
Thanks for your help.

cometax
15th January, 2010, 03:38 AM
awesome works like a charm

wiigospodari
15th January, 2010, 10:30 PM
me to looking forward to trying this :))

neur
16th January, 2010, 06:49 AM
cheers. Hope this works. Will report back.

soldier101983
16th January, 2010, 07:05 PM
how do i get the backup loader to work

404error
24th January, 2010, 04:25 PM
Finally a guide I can follow :)

I'm hoping my console will have the older drive, and be able to read copies, but as it was bought October 09 I bet it doesn't and I'll have to buy a USB HDD :(

-Thanks for taking the time to make this.

recorder28
28th January, 2010, 08:07 PM
just bought myself a wii - hope this works for me - will let you know soon

yakuza61
29th January, 2010, 06:25 AM
Is there a maximum size of HD u can attach to the Wii or is it only limited to a usb stick & not an external HD connected by a usb cable ? ...... pardon my ignorance but I am still trying to get up to speed with all the things that can & can't b done with the Wii.

canuck
29th January, 2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the info... looks interesting... newbie with Wii and trying to unlock for Grandson...
Canuck

404error
4th February, 2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the guide, modded my 4.2 and it seemed perfect.
Today I tried a copy of Guitar Heroes Beatles and it just black-screens, I even burnt another copy to make sure it wasn't the disk.
I'm guessing as this is a newer game than the ones I tried previously I may need to change something?
I followed the guide to the end, so I also removed all the files form the SD card, so simple instructions please :)

Thank you

ck-ok
4th February, 2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the guide, modded my 4.2 and it seemed perfect.
Today I tried a copy of Guitar Heroes Beatles and it just black-screens, I even burnt another copy to make sure it wasn't the disk.
I'm guessing as this is a newer game than the ones I tried previously I may need to change something?
I followed the guide to the end, so I also removed all the files form the SD card, so simple instructions please :)

Thank you

dont know what your using to load game,but when you start loader you need to select ios 223 or 222.give that a try.

boony666
4th February, 2010, 10:55 PM
hope this helps me cos i'm strugling at the mo

ck-ok
4th February, 2010, 11:02 PM
hope this helps me cos i'm strugling at the mo

what you strugling with?

pendu
11th February, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hi, Does this work with WII version 3.4e ?

neon rabbit
13th February, 2010, 03:05 PM
so how does this manage to get past the whole Zelda issue

wraggs424
14th February, 2010, 01:58 AM
so does this definatley work or is some 1 pulling me tail lol

paulbackskin
14th February, 2010, 06:27 PM
does it matter what size your SD card is?

paulbackskin
14th February, 2010, 06:30 PM
having trouble putting the SD card in the wii, it crashes everytime i put it in????

ck-ok
14th February, 2010, 06:53 PM
having trouble putting the SD card in the wii, it crashes everytime i put it in????

what sd card is it?

JPguitar
18th February, 2010, 04:37 PM
thank you for the guide! i need to try to put a broken drive wii back to work!

regards

crull
20th February, 2010, 11:04 PM
thanks.i hope itll work.btw can modding cause irreversible damage to wii?

cassy
21st February, 2010, 04:49 PM
NICE WILL HAVE TO TRY THIS.:wink:

mick8347
24th February, 2010, 02:47 AM
What size SD card are you useing. Only a 2gb is recommended
my 4Gb wont work.

pepponeskie
27th February, 2010, 04:40 AM
does this work for 4.2u? im a noob here

ianl1702
27th February, 2010, 08:00 AM
question how to find your version of wii

ck-ok
27th February, 2010, 12:07 PM
question how to find your version of wii

wii settings top right corner

caveman_nige
28th February, 2010, 10:38 PM
Thread closed...

I have deleted over 100 shite posts from from this thread.... abuse it and you loose it..