PDA

View Full Version : kryptview fault please help

ricky-tk
9th June, 2009, 01:13 PM
scanning the freqs last nite my box decided to display the usual 0 in the readout, ususally it just takes a reboot to clear it but it seems to have locked??

i get a green screen and what looks like a letter n in the readout...

any ideas anyone?

cheers

ricky

wilf
9th June, 2009, 01:41 PM
which box is it 700 or 750? which firmware? is it a new box? as you say usual 0 has it been reported to your seller? if new it should be under warranty. why were you scanning in the first place as this box scans automatically each time it goes in standby, i have never had to run a scan only when its been updated with newer firmware.

ricky-tk
9th June, 2009, 02:13 PM
it's the 700 box and abt 18 months old so out of warranty..

i think i've sorted it now.

i lost some channels so had to do a factory reset and it was while i was doing this it crashed.

what i have done now is run the loader software and plugged it into the pc, because it was only showing "n" on the display when i clicked the download button i had to physically unplug the unit and plug it back in to kickstart the download of firmware, IT WORKED !

i then flashed it with the latest firmware so all seems to be good now but i'll keep you informed..

not seen the 750 box, is it much better than the 700 series ?

cheers

ricky

wilf
9th June, 2009, 03:06 PM
lets hopr that sorts it but if you got power scan on it should scan as i say in standby so you wont loose any channels that move frequency. 750 is about half the size and is black in colour it is supposed to have better tuner but cant says as there is much difference. i have both and 700 works fine on 19/3/09 firmware but 750 i have to put 13/3/09 otherwise i cant get eurosport for the moto gp