PDA

View Full Version : SKYBOX f5s WIFI

murph1968
18th March, 2014, 05:50 PM
Hi, I have recently purchased Skybox F5S WIFI but I cannot get it to connect to my router. I'm a little confused because although the box is WIFI, does it in fact require a dongle???

I thought the difference between the F5 and the F5S is wifi capability??

Can anyone help with this

Thanks...

paddymcn
18th March, 2014, 05:57 PM
I have mine connected via ethernet and if it has built in wifi I'll be pleasantly surprised...

Hopefully someone who knows more than me (which is virtually everyone) will come along shortly with a proper answer

bobstevenson
18th March, 2014, 06:20 PM
you need to buy a skybox wifi dongle, less than a tenner on fleabay

dj1978
18th March, 2014, 08:07 PM
Hi, I have recently purchased Skybox F5S WIFI but I cannot get it to connect to my router. I'm a little confused because although the box is WIFI, does it in fact require a dongle???

I thought the difference between the F5 and the F5S is wifi capability??

Can anyone help with this

Thanks... the skybox m5 has built in wifi' but not the f5s' even though it does say wifi on the front of unit is a bit misleading' yeh u be best of getting a official skybox dongle for it i have the small type in my f3 which works fine if set up right.best of luck

nosignolife
24th March, 2014, 10:55 AM
Dont bother with the dongle, unreliable at best, get yourself a WiFi bridge (like a homeplug but uses WiFi and the box's ethernet) they are around a tenner on auction sites and work faultlessly I had no end of problems with WiFi adapters, plus if you use the ethernet socket you have the USB free to connect a Hard Drive and record/timeshift programs (choose one with its own power supply tho, it'll save you a lot of grief), hope that helps, good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PutTheFootieOn
24th March, 2014, 11:52 AM
Dont bother with the dongle, unreliable at best, get yourself a WiFi bridge (like a homeplug but uses WiFi and the box's ethernet) they are around a tenner on auction sites and work faultlessly I had no end of problems with WiFi adapters, plus if you use the ethernet socket you have the USB free to connect a Hard Drive and record/timeshift programs (choose one with its own power supply tho, it'll save you a lot of grief), hope that helps, good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On that subject.. i have a pair of TP link ethernet plugs down stairs for the computer which is to far away from modem. , do u know if its ok to add a 3rd (uneven set) so can use fx box upstairs or does it have to be Pairs of them that can only work together, as . as u say the wifi way to go sounds unreliable . cheers.

mini
26th March, 2014, 09:35 PM
you have to use pairs on the tp link/ ethernet over power adapters.
best option is always hard line or the wifi bridges.