PDA

View Full Version : non HDMI connection?

Dick Dastardley
18th March, 2014, 08:19 PM
The tv that I usually have my skybox connected to has gone on the blink. I have one of those medion media center pc's (The type where the harddrive/dvd player/screen is all in the one unit something like a laptop...but not) Anyway it has no HDMI socket for the skybox to connect to (although it does show dvd's in HDMI)...it has a tv aerial socket where you can hook up an ordinary tv cable to.....what I want to know is there anyway I can get my skybox hooked up to this pc unit without using the HDMI cable connection......maybe some adaptor or something that come from skybox to the tv aerial socket onback of pc?......any help/advice greatly appreciated.

-Das

digicon
18th March, 2014, 08:36 PM
if it has RCA input then you can use that connection which is the Red/White/Yellow configuration. to get this to work through the Aerial in connection on the Medion you would also need an RF modulator.

Better of saving the pennies and getting the HDMI connector fixed

Dick Dastardley
18th March, 2014, 08:55 PM
Cheers for the advice and swift response.....I'll have to look out for the rf modulator thingy...it's not the HDMI socket on my telly thats knacked it's the entire telly......threw a 100 pack of blank dvd's at the TV screen and smashed it to pieces (Sony Bravia 32").......not the smartest thing I've done. :stupid: :redface: