PDA

View Full Version : Android 9 ?

hoosty
23rd March, 2014, 12:57 AM
Hi Everyone, when i was in Tenerife last October, i bought a Tablet to bring back for my daughter. the guy in the shop demonstrated it for me and it worked great, better than my Galaxy Tab 2, fast, sharp, and it also had bluetooth. i paid about ?100 for it. the brand is SHARPIXELS. obviously i think this is made by sharp who have a decent history. however, it is now crashing and hanging all the time, and when i checked in the 'about', it says it is Android 9 ? the easiest way to sort it out is to throw it in the bin, but as it cost so much, i want to expore all other avenues first. is it possible to uninstall everything and then install a proper android system ? if so, how ?. any help (other than 'bin it'), would be much appreciated. thank you all.

Canker_Canison
24th March, 2014, 02:37 PM
Without knowing the exact model I would advise not to install any other firmware. I would also try to avoid performing a factory reset.

Quite a lot of chinese tablets wipe non-recoverable data when factory reset. So you end up with something that won't connect to wifi. When you find a solution you then need to find someone who can read chinese & speak english.

The chances are there's an app on there causing problems. Go through the App Manager & uninstall downloaded apps one at a time. Checking if there's an improvement after each uninstall.