PDA

View Full Version : Remap Nissan Terrano 2

renzor
23rd March, 2014, 10:19 PM
Hello,

I`m new in this forum,and in this job to "mess" with ecu files.
I`m more passionate about this so why i started this topic rather than posting to "Free tuningfiles - Personalized remap" topic.
So,i bought a clone of Galetto 1260 and i was surprised that worked on my Nissan Terrano 2 2.7 TDI 2003,I just read the file from the ECU,
i didn`t have the courage for flashing it back to see if this part is working too :joyous:

I played a little with WinOls and other softwares to see what this hex file contains but didn`t understood very much,just saw the values.
Anyway,i bought from ebay a dvd with tuning files just too see what this guys are selling(they are selling what is already posted free on internet) so big mistake,but still don`t know which file is good for my car because i don`t understand how they are named.

I attached the original file from my ecu and the one that i think is remaped and good for my car,i compared the two files in WinOls and they are look the same,and the one remaped have several modifications...what i am asking is:

1.Is the file good to flash it on my ecu?
2.Where i can read a tutorial, a doc,something to see what that codes means in WinOls to see what is modified there ,not just some bars :D

Thank you and sorry for the long post

morgano
24th March, 2014, 11:30 AM
Easy way normally is hardest way.

If i were you i would keep apart, but VERY FAR, that ebay DVD files from your ECU.

Understanding "the bars" is not a 5 minutes job reading a .DOC, sorry, but it takes many many hours of reading, making practice, and asking colleges about concrete problems and doubts.

That's my advice, read the forum, understand what is this all about before even thinking in flashing anything to your ECU that you cannot ensure by yourself is safe.

renzor
24th March, 2014, 12:07 PM
I know this,that`s why i asked first,i would give a shot,just too see what it happens but first i wait to get an elm327 interface to see how the car is going before and after the flash....