PDA

View Full Version : meriva ecu replace

ninja123
24th March, 2014, 08:30 AM
I need to replace ecu on 2005 meriva z16se, the code on ecu is DXBD, but cant find a used one, can I use other ecu code from other z16se and will work without problems or do i need exact match?

thanks for any info, ninja

rivalryan
24th March, 2014, 12:36 PM
Pretty sure this will not make any difference, I just put a used ECU from Y13Dt into a z13dt engine and coded / programmed in fine.

pipina
24th March, 2014, 06:44 PM
I need to replace ecu on 2005 meriva z16se, the code on ecu is DXBD, but cant find a used one, can I use other ecu code from other z16se and will work without problems or do i need exact match?

thanks for any info, ninja

You must put same HSFI 2.0,2.1,2.5,... etc if not It will not work (I tried several times but never worked 100/100 - AC won't work, fuel relay was not working "the wire in ecu was good") ... I'm 100% that from corsa C you can't use it on Astra G (start but no way to make working all) fans, AC, ...

Dunker
24th March, 2014, 07:31 PM
I've just answered in a different thread. Clocks won't work either and fuel pump enable is on another pin. As pipina says, you need to use the same HSFI number to be in with a chance. I've been asked for one today and had a quick look on ebollox. There are a couple on there but they are expensive. I'd be scouring the scrappers as I don't trust any Vauxhall ECU off ebay and they should be a lot cheaper.