PDA

View Full Version : Netgear

madfrank41
11th June, 2009, 10:00 AM
I have Netgear Router DG834G with Netgear Adapter WG111, hooked up to my daughters computer, all of a sudden when logging onto internet explorer the page comes upconnection prolbems.
Have tried to go into the connection and everything seems ok , strenght of signal is ok,

Please Help.
:call:
:pcguru:

Street Hawk
11th June, 2009, 11:32 AM
what type of connection problems ? limited or no connectivity?

can you connect to the internet?

how are you trying to connect? wirelessly or via the ethernet cable ?

just out of interest who is your internet provider too ?

madfrank41
11th June, 2009, 12:17 PM
no connectivity

no internet

AOL is the provider

trying to connect wireless, all the icons say signal strong
gone to tools , internet options , connection???:pcguru:

Street Hawk
11th June, 2009, 01:45 PM
Seems your not alone on the wireless problem, what version of windows are you running?

Have you tried connecting the computer to the router with a cable and see if you get a internet connection?

You could also try giving the computer a static IP address and see if that works. its a real pain in the ass when the routers start playin about like this, haha your not alone on this problem Frank.

madfrank41
11th June, 2009, 03:22 PM
running windows xp,

but on the laptop wireless it seems ok,

but on my daughters pc, no internet,

would i have to re-install the drives for the adapter, but when scanning for the router i can see it , ???

Street Hawk
12th June, 2009, 10:00 AM
You could try ..
Control pannel --> Network Connections --> right click on wireless connection & select properties --> highlight "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) & click Properties.

Under the "General Tab" make sure that "obtain an IP address Automatically" is checked and just below that "obtain DNS server Address Automatically" is checked also. click ok & close the remaning open boxes down. then try connecting wirelessly again.

if that isnt the problem try.. un-installing your Wireless card Driver on the PC, Reboot the computer after the uninstall & download & install the latest driver for that card

goto the manufactures website of your wireless card drivers failing that...

this is a pretty good place or drivers if you cannot get one from the wireless card manufacture

DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) (http://www.driverguide.com)

give that a try if you havent already, failing that we could try giving the computer a static IP address if you havent already done so.

telboy
12th June, 2009, 11:31 AM
no connectivity

no internet

AOL is the provider

trying to connect wireless, all the icons say signal strong
gone to tools , internet options , connection???:pcguru:

This is a common problem with Netgear Routers. I suggest buying a different brand like Linksys or Belkin.

caveman_nige
29th June, 2009, 02:42 AM
nothing wrong with the routers, you just gotta get the right connection software on your laptops.. There is no point blaming the easiest to set up kit when you have not read up on it and tried.. I have sorted two of these in the last week that were supposed to be broken or not up to it, took me about 10 minutes per router then 10 minutes per device i connected to them (xboxs, laptops, dreamboxes and mobile phone)..