PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi 3000GT BiTurbo ECU repair

omglol
1st April, 2014, 06:01 PM
I got this ECU to repair, symptoms were misfiring on 2 cylinders. It had typical problem with leaking acid from capacitors, which damaged vertically mounted sub boards. However, after repair of these sub boards and change of capacitors, the car does not start anymore ... looks like the damage to the capacitors was too severe.

Now I need to find second hand ECU and try to salvage the sub-board from it. The problem is that there are many different part numbers (on Ebay, for example) ... however, they are all different from mine:

MD164450
E2T35679

Does anyone know if there are interchangeable ECUs on this car? I am really lost here, since this is a VERY rare car in my country.

Thanks for info!

speedy100
1st April, 2014, 10:15 PM
Hello from Athens :)

Here is what You need:
https://ecu.co.uk/mitsubishi/engine-ecu/mpi-gen.-2/mitsubishi-md164450-mitsubishi-electric-e2t35679-1348.html

Best Regards

omglol
1st April, 2014, 10:49 PM
I already tried to repair myself and as I said - it cannot be repaired. The damage is too severe.

speedy100
2nd April, 2014, 12:46 AM
These people might be able to sell You a second hand one or advise You about interchangeability... Just ask them, You have nothing to loose...