PDA

View Full Version : Dbox seems to reset itself

gazza@gclarke.fsbusiness.
11th June, 2008, 12:38 AM
Hi
Im a newbie so beware,I'm trying to mess about with my dbox with neutrino and digital worldz2 installed but although i can see all files on the dbox using flashfxp it will not let me change or add any files.it just says " file failed to transfer"
Also If i change the keylist.txt file manually using the Dbox itself (always pressing save changes) it appears to work but when i restart it has reverted
Other settings also seem to be able to change but on restart everything is back to how it was...any suggestion please

Devilfish
11th June, 2008, 01:22 AM
Sounds like the box has locked or is in a read-only state.

This sometimes happens for no apprent reason...maybe if it's been in use for a long time and no-one's really messed with it, I've seen it happen to these types of boxes.

You'll beed to reflash the image. Although it's locked, the /tmp folder is in a separate memory location and should still allow you to copy files there.

Copy the img file to the /tmp folder, then using the remote...

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Select the img file from the list and press ok. Image will be flashed and rebooted after about 2 mins. You should have a fully accessable image after that.

:)

plasterer
11th June, 2008, 06:30 AM
If That Dont work
Just Reflash it with Image Flashing Assistant ......paul

11th June, 2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks, sounds do-able ----even for me.i have backed up an image once so hopefully it wont be too much different.This seems like a great site..most others seem to sneer at people like me cos i dont know much, but here I think i may just be encouraged..Ty again gonna try this tonigjht i hope..

<--gazza@gclarke.fsbusiness. added 290 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...-->

Just to let you guys know....IT WORKED....cannot ty enough, I was at a loss as to what was happening let alone how to go forward.This site(people on it)
are the db's.Once again Thank you.
P.S.
I assume its the same procedure to Flash to a upgraded/different image or is that a different kettle of fish??

plasterer
11th June, 2008, 11:02 PM
Wot method did you usr to Reflash your box .....Paul

11th June, 2008, 11:44 PM
Well , at first I misunderstood advice and backed up the current image ...saved to pc..rebooted dbox...then loaded saved image from pc to temp and then done the update image thing from dbox menu..it worked but just gave me a locked or whatever system again....lol.
so then i loaded that earlier image that i mentioned about(Lucky ,I only backed it up to see how it was done about a month or so ago) and although it was actually from a different older dbox , cos i knew they were both intel X 1 chipset i hoped it would work(I think it was also a different type of image( Sportster mebbe) I knew even less back then than i do now so not sure)..And Voila it worked and can now access all files again....