PDA

View Full Version : UK gas 'so cheap'

gmb45
12th June, 2009, 05:38 AM
what a load of boll-cks

BRITONS are enjoying some of the CHEAPEST gas and electricity in Europe, a shock new report has claimed.

A survey shows London is one of the cheapest capital cities when it comes to power bills.

The report by Austrian energy regulator E-Control claims average electricity costs in London are 12p per kWh - 10th in Europe.

They are HALF the rate charged in Danish capital Copenhagen.

London ranks 14th for gas - at 3.6p per kWh. Punters in Stockholm, Sweden, face an eye-watering cost of 11.7p.

The figures include tax, but even when this is stripped out London is still the cheapest for gas, according to E-Control.

One industry source said: "This just shows how good the UK has been at harvesting its own resources."

Average annual dual-fuel power bills in this country currently top ?1,200 - around ?3.50 a day.

The survey comes weeks after NPOWER told staff it was freezing pay this year to cope with spiralling costs. All six energy firms have cut bills this year.

THE head of the CBI is warning the lights "could go out" unless the Government starts making decisions on energy policy.

Richard Lambert said: "If we just sit on our hands, bad things will start to happen by 2016- 2017. We'll have a dash for gas from countries where you wouldn't want to go for your holidays."

Lainie
12th June, 2009, 12:58 PM
what a load of sh*te. im over ?100 a month in elec and gas for a 2 bedroomed. i know there will be loads of peeps paying much more than me.

chroma
12th June, 2009, 11:36 PM
i was paying 96quid a month for a two bedroom IN SUMMER for gas alone.

The cooker was electric, there was no heating on as it was too hot as it was...

The only thing that used gas was hot water and the pilot light, i cant figure it out.
Most expensive pilot light ever.

forntida
12th June, 2009, 11:40 PM
i was paying 96quid a month for a two bedroom IN SUMMER for gas alone.

The cooker was electric, there was no heating on as it was too hot as it was...

The only thing that used gas was hot water and the pilot light, i cant figure it out.
Most expensive pilot light ever.

how many showers a month?

chroma
13th June, 2009, 03:50 AM
Hey man, i have a shower every six months whether i need it or not. Same time i wash my undies :p

I'd dive in the morning before anyone else was up ;) and if it was a particularly dirty sweaty day then, one when i came home. the ex was the same as was the daughter, so on average say 6. 8 per day all in tops.

It was a powershower though, wired into the mains so it wasnt even gas dependant.

Washing machine wasnt heavily used and muggins here was "the dishwasher," come to think of it i was chief cook and bottle washer too, i did all the housework, no one else could or more accurtely WOULD cook, chaufering. christ man i was totaly whipped and abused in that relationship.

So in total, a sink full of hot soapy water, and a wash load every couple of days and the blasted pilot light.
Winter was a nightmare, the bills went through the roof (probably with the heat too, the insulation was dire in that cardboard shithole) skinned for 400 quid in january just after christmas expenses was particularly harsh.

Man being on your own is awesome :D my bills are nowhere near as steep now, if its cold it desnt bother me, a jumper and im all set.

gmb45
13th June, 2009, 06:24 AM
hmmm looks like i got the cheapest gas and leccy bill at the mo i pay ?50 a month

xant14
13th June, 2009, 07:00 AM
my last gas bill ?188 quarter, ?63 month. last elleccy bill ?118 quarter, so 39 quid = 100 quid for month

Lainie
13th June, 2009, 05:09 PM
im ?108 a month every month of the year. shower is a gas power shower and gas cooker.i couldnt cope if i got hit for a big bill for hundreds.