PDA

View Full Version : Limewire

ste6106
12th June, 2009, 02:44 PM
Is Limewire any good or is a sure way of attracting a virus and spyware etc, Ive not used it for a few years so unsure how its devloped.

Ta in advance

Ste :)

dpl
12th June, 2009, 03:18 PM
hi, had limewire a few years back (2), and all i ever got off it was viruses, its bad news m8, if i were you i'd try a torrent site - i use www.iptorrents.com (http://www.iptorrents.com) , it is an invite only site but i think that you can 'donate' and become a member, i would invite you but i've no invites left...hope this helps you.:)

berley
12th June, 2009, 03:34 PM
your far better off forgetting about limewire, and either using torrents as suggested above or newsgroups or rapidshare

ste6106
12th June, 2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks for that, I tried using the torrents sote but was unclear on how to extract the files etc

ManofScience
12th June, 2009, 03:59 PM
steer well clear of limewire - it's bad news.

dpl
12th June, 2009, 04:17 PM
Once you've d/ld the file you want, go to my documents- downloads, right click the said file, click 'open', that should bring you to another folder, right click again, and again click 'open'. You then come to the compressed files (they look like a small pile of books),right click the first one on the top left, go down to 'extract to blah blah'. left click that and you should have a box come up saying 'extracting' and a folder appear(usually on the end). Once the extraction has finished open that folder and you will find your movie.Its easier than it sounds. Hope this helps you.

ste6106
12th June, 2009, 04:33 PM
Limewire has gone just ahd a mess around with the torretns and advice seem to be working well,

Cheers :) int it amazing what thee can do wit web of world wide

bugaloo41
12th June, 2009, 04:44 PM
If you are simply looking for background music try spotify - very good. For downloads if you are using torrents try to join a private tracker site.

ste6106
12th June, 2009, 04:47 PM
Spotify is great and is always on in the backround. great thing that is,

Evastar
12th June, 2009, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't touch limewire.

Join a site like Demonoid or Bitsoup.

Always run Peer Guardian before starting any torrents.

thered
12th June, 2009, 09:40 PM
Is Limewire any good or is a sure way of attracting a virus and spyware etc, Ive not used it for a few years so unsure how its devloped.

Ta in advance

Ste :)

i use torrents for everything they are better than limewire for films and albums but for the odd songs limewire can be better,dont worry about extracting torrents just use win rar or this attachment to open them its a good program

limewire is ok if you are careful and virus scan all songs and film b4 opening with a decent av.practice makes perfect and you can normally see which files are corrupt by the size of the file after a bit.get limewire pro if possible from a decent torrent if you can

Lainie
12th June, 2009, 10:44 PM
i found torrents slow and quite unreliable. i started to use rapidshare last year and its the best ive ever used

mortice
14th June, 2009, 02:35 PM
dont use as it is full of spywrae an virus

lfc4life
14th June, 2009, 02:38 PM
try frost wire!!! thats not bad :D

gazz10
14th June, 2009, 04:29 PM
Never touch limewire.

i use nzb's, rapidshare or torrents if am really stuck

Limewire just full of non related stuff tagged with incorrect names etc

Mr Pumpy
14th June, 2009, 05:13 PM
Ive said it before, but yer can't beat good ol newsgroups.

mark015
14th June, 2009, 05:41 PM
that Spotify is great,so how do we download the tracks from it, anyone? on the free version..

mark015
14th June, 2009, 07:45 PM
Download MP3 from Spotify | Save MP3s from Spotify | Xbox 360 & Nintendo DS Blog (http://www.themanfromdelmonte.co.uk/2009/04/01/getting-mp3s-from-spotify-well-sort-of/)

mark015
14th June, 2009, 08:20 PM
ryt ok ive found something that will let u get the tracks from spotify ,i`m using this>>https://applian.securesites.com/order_RARN.php?referral= look around the torrents for a cracked version

mark015
14th June, 2009, 09:00 PM
ok a wee update using the replay music ive just downloaded 5 tracks from spotfiy and all seems good with it.

gazz10
15th June, 2009, 07:00 AM
Dont see need why there a perfectly good mp3 section already on the site were u can download songs. And its fair easy to do

acestu
17th June, 2009, 06:24 AM
Hi Guys, has anybody had experience with NZB files not sure what they are and how to use them, any good ?

cheers
Acestu

vetoni
17th June, 2009, 06:39 AM
Hi i'm new can you help me with Limewire how to download with more seeds

dik
17th June, 2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Guys, has anybody had experience with NZB files not sure what they are and how to use them, any good ?

cheers
Acestu Hi Acestu, NZB's are just small files you download that link to content on usenet,
Which allow you to download any type of file at your full bandwidth anonymously also there is the advantage that files are always correctly labelled. The downside is that you need to pay for access to a news server I use:
Usenet-News - No nonsense, just Quality Usenet (http://Usenet-News.net/?ref=78636) who charge $23 per 100Gb which dosen't expire, if you download excessively there are many others that charge a monthly access fee for unlimited access. You will need a newsreader here is a good free one: Shemes.com :: Home (http://www.shemes.com/) which will open the NZB's and download your files from usenet, unpack and repair them if needed and put the film or whatever into a folder for you, there are many websites that index NZB's here is one I use: NZBMatrix: NZB Usenet Downloads. NZBs Downloads (http://nzbmatrix.com/index.php) hope this helps.

mindcrime
17th June, 2009, 06:38 PM
Ventoni,

Have a look at the thread. stay away from limewire as it's not worth the hassle. I having been using rapidshare for over two and half years now and not had a single problem or use newsgroups :-)

lfc4life
18th June, 2009, 12:44 PM
frost wire or bit torrent!