PDA

View Full Version : nintendo ds faulty card reader

clit-eastwood
12th June, 2009, 10:53 PM
any advice about a nintendo ds with a faulty card reader? (besides bin it lol) anyone had this prob or overcome it?

opsmonkey
15th June, 2009, 01:12 PM
is it a R4 card mate or a gen game..??

If its an R4 i had a similar problem.. take out R4, squeeze between finger and thumb, take out sd and blow in slot.. put pack in.. worked 9/10 times, for the other 1/10 i had to delete / install the firmware..

ended up replacing with a R4SDHC

clit-eastwood
16th June, 2009, 06:08 PM
R4 card or game wont work, the ds just says no card inserted, tried the blowing method but no luck. Thanx anyway for the reply, it was worth a go

opsmonkey
16th June, 2009, 11:40 PM
R4 card or game wont work, the ds just says no card inserted, tried the blowing method but no luck. Thanx anyway for the reply, it was worth a go

are you sure you have the right firmware..?? there are loads of R4's each needing different firmware.. the actual R4 card is just an adapter.. the stuff that makes it work is on the SD card.. sounds like a firmware problem.. where did you get your cartridge from.. i have a couple of different R4 firmwares

clit-eastwood
18th June, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hi opsmonkey, the ds was working fine until we found that one of the kids had put the card in the wrong way round, the card works fine in a neighbours ds, also our ds will not recognize any original ds games, it just says "there is no ds card inserted".
We found on ebay we can get a new card reader and bottom screen (which ours is badly scratched) for ?15.00.
I suppose the moral of the story is keep kids away from it lol

elly13
18th June, 2009, 06:05 PM
try blowing in the card slot it self and then push r4 back in but push it a bit hard than usual but not 2 hard works on my m3 real

clit-eastwood
18th June, 2009, 09:46 PM
try blowing in the card slot it self and then push r4 back in but push it a bit hard than usual but not 2 hard works on my m3 real

yeah, opsmonkey already suggested that but if you look back you will see that didnt work, but thanx anyway

elly13
19th June, 2009, 05:27 PM
no he said blow the card not the slot on ds