PDA

View Full Version : EPG on HDD or USB ?

mikem7709
11th April, 2014, 05:45 PM
As title guys, I'm running a solo2 clone with VIX 3.0. Everything was set up by the seller with Softcams, Boutique and cross EPG ready installed. It has a 500GB HDD installed, am I better inserting a USB stick in the back to write EPG to or is it safe to leave as it is ?

cactikid
12th April, 2014, 03:21 PM
it used to be setup to usb but reading elsewhere on originals now been told internal hdd,if working dont mess is the saying.

DOUGALMCD
13th April, 2014, 01:10 PM
I've always kept epg on the Hdd never had any problems you can always clear any epg data on Hdd as well. As above if it aint broke don't fix it.

digicon
13th April, 2014, 04:03 PM
Either does not really matter as the EPG is loaded into the Ram and stays there everytime you switch the receiver on until you switch it Off/Standby.

Picons should really go onto a USB as they are accessed everytime you switch channel

MichaelThugs
4th July, 2018, 03:55 AM
use a rear usb stick and point crossepg at it for saving and loading your epg not the internal flash or hdd

lincsat
4th July, 2018, 12:54 PM
It's perfectly fine to use the HDD for EPG and Picons, some people even use the HDD for live pause/permanent timeshift which does give heavy use on the HDD.